Who's Your Favorite?

Decorating By keonicakes Updated 13 Jun 2006 , 8:47pm by JulieB

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 5:00am
post #1 of 12

There are so many amazingly talented sugar/cake artists out there, I was wandering who is your favorites? Have you noticed that the UK seems to have some of the most beautiful and intresting "cake art"?

11 replies
cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 10:48am
post #2 of 12

colette peters...i think she's so inventive!

i am inspired by many others, too, though

cindy

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 12

Well, my absolute favorite is my aunt, Sharon Low, and at a close second is Lindy Smith.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 12

WOW - I wish I had an aunt like that!! icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif There are so many talented decorators out there......there are some on here that I like the work of more than the "famous" ones!

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 12

my list is very long. But recently i saw Kate Sullivan in foodnetwork and thought, OMG i admire this woman. She was decorating and doing things w/her baby on her back. Sometimes i feel like i might have to do that with my daughter. Which is far way too heavy for that. But otherwise i have no or very little time to decorate. Anyways, her work is beautiful. I also love Warren Brown. Two people i learned about in Foodnetwork. Others i admire and love their work are just big time well known cake decorators.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 12

toba garret is my favorite all around cake artist. Scott Clark Wooley does wonderful sugar work.

MJsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJsmom Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 7:23pm
post #7 of 12

My favorite is Sylvia Weinstock. I love her personality. I was watching something on the Style channel that showcased her bakery, and one thing I learned about her is that she goes to each set-up to assemble the cakes. In a HUGE city like that, being a HUGE name in cakes, it just really impressed me that she goes to make sure that everything goes smoothly for the bride on her day. Plus, I love her glasses! icon_cool.gif

Kellie1583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellie1583 Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 7:24pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcrew

WOW - I wish I had an aunt like that!!

I'm glad I don't have an aunt like that...I could never live up to that!! icon_lol.gif Seriously though...she is fantastic; you should be very proud to call that very talented lady family! And Missyek...you rank right up there with her. Your cakes are awesome!

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 7:58pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie1583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcrew

WOW - I wish I had an aunt like that!!

I'm glad I don't have an aunt like that...I could never live up to that!! icon_lol.gif Seriously though...she is fantastic; you should be very proud to call that very talented lady family! And Missyek...you rank right up there with her. Your cakes are awesome!

Thanks, ladies! icon_biggrin.gif While I don't think my cakes are anywhere near as awesome as hers, I'm slowly working on it. And, I am proud. icon_smile.gif

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 8:02pm
post #10 of 12

Nicholas Lodge is my favorite for sugar flowers, I love Dede Wilson's cakes, and other favorites are Mike from Mike's Amazing Cakes, and of course, Duff. I love browsing through his website!!!

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 8:18pm
post #11 of 12

Debbie Brown is amazing! On Cake Central I really enjoy Boween.

OMG!!! I wanna grow up to do work just like that. icon_biggrin.gif

There are so many other SUPER talented people on this site but to be fair,

Boween's cakes were the first to catch my eye. Just beautiful.

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 8:47pm
post #12 of 12

Well, of course my absolute favorite is Colette. Her cakes are so awesome.

But there are others. I like Mike McCarey and Sue McMahon. I just won a Sylvia Weinstock book on eBay that I'm looking forward to getting. I can't seem to get past her front page to look at her cakes. I'm a computer idiot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%