45 Flavors? (Flavors Listed At End-Makes Long Post)

Decorating By Antylucifer Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 10:53pm by fluttercakes

Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 14 May 2007 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 114

I came across a company called Capella that offers "flavor drops" -45 of them that sound mouth watering. It's offered at Amazon, and direct from the Company. I'm so tempted to place a huge order, but am wondering if anyone has tried this brand in cakes/icing as you would with davinci or coffee creamer? The combinations would be limitless-as you can mix the flavors. However I don't want to end up with bad cakes, and the best smelling drain in the town. Any experience/assistance/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If you're interested the flavors are: Amaretto, Banana Nut Cream, Orange Creamsicle, Strawberry Cheesecake, Vanilla Ice Cream, Vanilla Hazelnut, Vanilla Almond, French Vanilla, Coconut, Toasted Coconut, Hawaiian Coconut, Hazelnut, Pralines & Cream, Cinnamon Danish Swirl, Cinnamon, Marshmallow, Egg Nog, Snickerdoodle, Cookies & Cream, White Chocolate, Double Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Caramel, Chocolate Macadamia Nut, Chocolate Raspberry. Chocolate Strawberry,
Caramel, Blueberry, Raspberry, Raspberry Hazelnut, Toasted Almond, Dolce De Leche, Klua & Cream, and Almond Joy.

113 replies
thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 114

I think I have heard of that company. My good friend is doing the medifast weight loss treatment/program and those are part of her diet (to enhance the flavor of her foods without added sugars/additives...etc).

I'll ask her id you can bake with them...although I doubt she'll be baking while on this program...maybe thats what she doesnt return allot of my calls... icon_confused.gif

Antylucifer Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 114

Thanks for the info-They claim the drops have no fats, no sugars, no sweetners, no calories, no cholesterol and 100% accuracy guarenteed???

I'm just going to splurge for a sampler-I can pick the flavors, no tax & shipping is $2.99 for 1 or 100. If they don't taste good, it won't be the 1st $20.00 I've thrown down the drain, they can join the guarenteed "magic" wrinkle/dark circle remover I bought last month!!!

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 114

I just order a sampler too! Thanks for the lead. They have great flavor choices. I like that shipping price too. thumbs_up.gif

-Rezzy

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 114

flavors sound great.

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 114

could you post a link, having touble finding this.

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 114

they sound yummy. I wonder how fast they ship?

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:44pm
post #8 of 114

I was reading the feedback on Amazon, and a few of them said slow shipping, a few said fast. One said they are shipped from the Middle East somewhere. Some said they were great, some said they aren't strong enough! I guess you can't go by feedback huh? Let us know what those of you who order them think!

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:48pm
post #10 of 114

great lead, let us know how they taste!!

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:50pm
post #11 of 114
sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 15 May 2007 , 4:18pm
post #12 of 114

I e-mailed them to see about icing and baking this is the response I got- super quick I might add

Hi Stephanie,

Surprisingly enough we have many uses for Flavor Drops. In fact, we have restaurants/hotels which use our Flavor Drops in Pancake Batter, Crème Brule cream bases and Cookie Dough.

The closest we have to a sample would be out Flavor Drop Minis, and the sell for $2.95, plus the shipping promotion is a flat-rate of $2.99.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
-tom

Antylucifer Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:45pm
post #13 of 114

I just placed my order directly with the Capella because it was cheaper than Amazon. Here's the pricing breakdown: No tax. Special= buy a 6 pack sampler and get 1 bottle free, no carrying case. Price $17.70.
It's not on the ordering page, so go to: https://2692218679.monstercommercesites.com/flavordrops/index.html

6 pack sampler=6 mini bottles, includes carrying case Price $19.95
Shipping is $2.99 if you chose 1st class mail
$4.95 for UPS

Amazon offers both size bottles, $2.95 and $5.95 respectively, I didn't see specials or sampler packs. Shipping=$4.95 for any amount & no tax.

I've emailed Capella for allergy information and will post it when I hear from them.

Rezzy, since we both ordered on the same day-we can compare shipping times. I chose 1st class mail and I live in Michigan.

Antylucifer Posted 15 May 2007 , 8:09pm
post #14 of 114

I just got off the phone with Tom; the owner of Capella Coffee, who is an unbelievably nice man and I learned some valuable information. As far as any allergy goes, their product is basically allergy free! He guarenteed me (I have severe peanut allergy) there are no protiens, no dirivatives, no allergens, or actual nuts in any of the products. He assured me I can taste the Butterfingers or peanut flavor with no reaction. I don't know if I'm that brave yet! If it's true though, it means a whole new world of eating for us allergy sufferers, so I changed my shipping to expidited. Tasting peanut butter for the 1st time ever makes me giddy!

He has had great succuss with the flavor drop-used with the Medifasst diet, but business boomed & orders came in from pastry shops, resturaunts, and many others I can't think of now. People have found amazing uses for these so he decided to sell them via internet, and through Amazon. He had no idea how fast orders would start coming in, and kind of outgrew his company before it started. Business is doing so well, they are running approximately 6 days behind right now, and are taking measures to correct this situation.

Imagine (if they work) diet shakes, oatmeal, ice cream, milk, cocktails, etc. It all sounds wonderful, and tasty, but I haven't tried them. Until then, I can't say anything about the flavor drops-good or bad.

Also important if you happen to place an order, try to remember to mention (in the comments section) you found the product mentioned on this forum. He will try to keep track of CC orders -and depending on the volume of orders, he is willing to work something out with us. I didn't push him further, I was happy he was willing to do anything at all.

He said a lot more, but I'm having mental issues with my brain right now. I was astonished he contacted me by phone so soon, and was willing to share information. If you can think of anything I didn't cover, you could post the question here, and I'll be happy to help if I can.

rezzygirl Posted 15 May 2007 , 8:48pm
post #15 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antylucifer

Rezzy, since we both ordered on the same day-we can compare shipping times. I chose 1st class mail and I live in Michigan.

I was thinking the same thing!!! I ordered priority mail, but since he's 6 days behind, they'll probably go out the same time anyway.

Also, I DID mention that I got their info from CC and from "Antylucifer"!! Maybe you'll get some discounts for all the referrals!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif
I can't wait to get 'em!

-Rezzy

Antylucifer Posted 16 May 2007 , 3:11pm
post #16 of 114

Thanks Rezzy for mentioning the board and my name, I appreciate it. I was indirectly trying to get a special deal worked out for everyone here. I kept mentioning the forum, our interest, and emphasized the potential volume of orders if it really does work. I also stressed it can't change in the basic structure of recipes-consistancy, gel, discolor, melt, or anything else we can think of.

I'm sorry to keep blabbering about this-but as an allergic person, you don't know how excited I am. I stayed up all night imagining the possibilities....changing a filling from simple to delectable without the cost or time, brownies, muffins, pies, pie crusts, bread, gelatin, pudding, milk...it just makes my head spin. So much, that I think I'm being entirely gullible. I have a habit of counting my chickens before they hatch, so I'll be quiet until the product arrives and speaks for itself. If I start blabbing again, would someone remind me of that?

juro1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juro1234 Posted 16 May 2007 , 4:30pm
post #17 of 114

I ordered some too, I will let you know what I think when I get it.

rezzygirl Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:40pm
post #18 of 114

Anty... I got mine today!!!!! (not bad, I ordered Tuesday with priority shipping!)

They smell amazing!!! I can't wait to use them.

Thanks again for the info.

-Rezzy

Antylucifer Posted 20 May 2007 , 6:51pm
post #19 of 114

Rezzy, I got mine Saturday and haven't tried them either. I'm going to use them without telling anyone, as some people (my husband) claims he hates any kind of flavoring-so I want his unbiased opinion.

After looking at the flavors I ordered, I see one flaw. Other than caramel and granny's apple pie, I'm not familiar with the flavors so I don't know what to expect. I should have gone simple-rasberry, blueberry etc. My mom loves berries but can't eat the seeds (medical condition,) so she would be an ideal guinie pig.

One thing Tom told me is to always start out with the lesser amount of recommended drops, let it sit & be absorbed for a few minutes before testing. The complaints he gets are about overpowering taste or an after taste; decreasing the # of drops usually does the trick. I think I'll start out with something easy to experiment with & can change if necessary-it may take a few tests to get what we want. Let me know what you come up with, what you tried & if it works and I'll do the same. It's not necessary to thank me, I'm just sharing information.

Antylucifer Posted 23 May 2007 , 2:08pm
post #20 of 114

**UPDATE**
Last night I tried the Boston Cream Pie-just added it to some buttercream for a filling and used plain buttercream for icing. I served it to friends & family without saying a word, as I didn't want any pre-concieved notions. I was amazed at the comments. One person said the filling tasted "just like Krispy Kreme" and the rest piped in shortly after; all raving how good it was. I couldn't believe there was such a disctinct difference in taste between the icing & filling, but there was and it was delicious.

Today I sent my husband to work with an orange creamcicle cake & creamcheese frosting. This time I put the drops in the cake. I'm anxious to hear what they all thought, I hope the comments are just as good. One other thing, no reports of bad aftertaste on the boston cream pie.

So far, so good....anyone else try theirs yet?

SusieQ1083 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieQ1083 Posted 23 May 2007 , 2:33pm
post #21 of 114

Boston Cream Pie sounds so tasty!! How many drops did you use to flavor the icing and cake?

This product sounds like a wonderful invention! Tastes good and saves time! Thank you so much for posting this! If the product works out for more of you, I may have to try it for myself!

SusieQ1083 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieQ1083 Posted 23 May 2007 , 2:39pm
post #22 of 114

Question....how did you make the Boston Cream Pie flavor? I did not see it listed when I visited the company's website.

Antylucifer Posted 23 May 2007 , 3:59pm
post #23 of 114

For the boston cream pie-I flavored the filling but not the cake. I made my usual batch of buttercream and measured out 16 ounces of it-in case the drops tasted horrible. I added 6 drops of the boston cream pie flavor-mixed it all up, let it sit for about 10 minutes and mixed it once more. The web site says 3-5 drops for every 8 oz, but Tom at Capella told me to start with the smallest amount-one common mistake is adding too much.

The orange creamsicle cake I made was a total of 34 oz, so I added 11 drops to the cake mix, but none to the frosting. I want to be able to pinpoint what tastes came from where in case the any of the drops taste bad.

I looked at the sight today and didn't see boston cream pie listed on the flavors, but I went to the order page where the special is buy 6 mini's/get 1 free, and bcp is offered. If you happen to order, mention you found it on the forum-we're trying to work out a deal for CC'ers based on volume.

http://www.capellacoffee.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=630

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:14pm
post #24 of 114

Thank you all soooo much for posting this thread! I ordered some a few minutes ago! Can't wait to try them!

Rezzycakes....when you added the orange creamcicle to the cake batter, was that a white cake?

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:21pm
post #25 of 114

Thanks for the link and the information on these flavors, Antylucifer.
Any body else using them keep the comments on the comments you getting coming. Everyone on here wants to know what kind of combinations everyone else comes up with.
I think I'm going to order some.
Thanks again!!

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:25pm
post #26 of 114

Thanks Everyone for all your work and research and posting this.

Totally-Frosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Totally-Frosted Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:26pm
post #27 of 114

Here is the link for the Capella Company directly

http://www.capellacoffee.com/flavordrops/medifast/our_flavors.htm#flavorsamplers

They have some more deals too! Just thought I would help.

Veronica

diana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diana Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:35pm
post #28 of 114

Thank You, can't wait to try them!! icon_smile.gif

moniquerei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moniquerei Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:39pm
post #29 of 114

This is awesome...thank you all for poting these things!! I am always looking for ways to make my cakes taste special...everyone who order...please keep posting your results.Hope it works out! thumbs_up.gif

Sunny77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunny77 Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:44pm
post #30 of 114

I've read some posts that ask not to SAVE. Now I just want to know what it means when all I see in a post is the word save. TIA!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%