Help! Volkswagen Golf Car Theme Cake

Decorating By yvesyong Updated 21 May 2007 , 3:40am by lynda-bob

yvesyong Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvesyong Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 6

Help! My first ever cake request and I have no idea where to begin?! Request for a Volkswagen Golf GTI car cake for an adult male. I don't think I can pull off a 3D cake. Nor that a star filled car image will look good. I am lost. Please give me some ideas.

TIA.

5 replies
lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know if this will help or not, but I think that Wilton makes a 3-D pan for a volkswagon type car. If it's not exactly like the car you need maybe you could just carve off of it or add cake to it. About the stars covering the cake, I made my son a 3-D Lightening McQueen (Disney CARS) and frosted in buttercream. I just smoothed it out as best I could so it wouldn't be star covered. It's in my photos... I looked at your photots and I think you can do it! icon_biggrin.gif Hope that I helped a little...

yvesyong Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:54pm
post #3 of 6

thanks Lynda for the suggestion.

I'm still unsure. love your Vineyard Birthday cake!

lynda-bob Posted 15 May 2007 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the compliment! Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it'll be great! thumbs_up.gif Be sure and post pics when you're done icon_smile.gif

yvesyong Posted 19 May 2007 , 8:13am
post #5 of 6

Here's what I came up with in the end. No courage to try a 3D car. Cake is for a guy who wants a Volkswagen Golf but his wife says 'No'.
LL

lynda-bob Posted 21 May 2007 , 3:40am
post #6 of 6

What A great Idea!! That was super creative of you and was lot's of fun!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

The cake is perfect, BTW hat1.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%