Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treats

Baking By MahalKita Updated 19 May 2007 , 4:06am by MahalKita

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 13 May 2007 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 10

Ok so I am not sure where to put this but this is my best guess.

For my daughter's 3rd bday party next sunday I am making Rice Krispie Mickey Mouse heads like from Disnyland. My question is...We live in CA, it is suppose to be warm (not HOT but warm). Is there something that I can add to the chocolate or a special kind of chocolate that will keep it from melting to a huge mess. They will be on sticks & in bags & I will keep them inside. I just don't want to do all that work & then have them a mess & not bother to hand them out.

I did a trial run last night, made them, dipped them & then put them in the fridge. Once they were hard I let Mia eat one. It was all over her face (which was cute but...). The one I bought her at Disneyland didn't do that. What do they do different!?!

75 of these are going to take me forever but once I get something into this head of mine I have to do it. icon_confused.gif

THANK YOU & Happy Mommy's Day to all you Moms.

princess.gif

9 replies
Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 13 May 2007 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 10

I would use chocolate candy melts instead of melted chocolate chips or squares. Candy melts would hold up better in the heat, and not be so messy. Just a thought!

Good luck!

<M>

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 13 May 2007 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahalKita

Ok so I am not sure where to put this but this is my best guess.

For my daughter's 3rd bday party next sunday I am making Rice Krispie Mickey Mouse heads like from Disnyland. My question is...We live in CA, it is suppose to be warm (not HOT but warm). Is there something that I can add to the chocolate or a special kind of chocolate that will keep it from melting to a huge mess. They will be on sticks & in bags & I will keep them inside. I just don't want to do all that work & then have them a mess & not bother to hand them out.

I did a trial run last night, made them, dipped them & then put them in the fridge. Once they were hard I let Mia eat one. It was all over her face (which was cute but...). The one I bought her at Disneyland didn't do that. What do they do different!?!

75 of these are going to take me forever but once I get something into this head of mine I have to do it. icon_confused.gif

THANK YOU & Happy Mommy's Day to all you Moms.

princess.gif

OOOh, I do this a lot. I make the regular recipe of rice krispie treats, but I use Cocoa Krispies instead, then make a recipe of Sarah Bernhardt chocolate glaze, while it is still in a liquid form you can mix some of the glaze directly into the treats mixture and let them set, then pour glaze over the top, refrigerate till set and cut into shapes. Or you could do what you suggested, cut the shapes and then dip. It is so delicious.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2315-Sarah-Bernhardt-Chocolate-Glaze.html

MahalKita Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:56am
post #4 of 10

THANK YOU both. I think this time I am going to go with the glaze only because I already bought all the chocolate. But next time I think I will try the melts.

Thanks again. icon_smile.gif

MahalKita Posted 17 May 2007 , 6:55am
post #5 of 10

THANKS everyone.

I ended up piping the chocolate on because dipping just wasn't working. Saved a lot of chocolate that way.

They were a pain & I think I will stick to cookies but Mia loves them so that is all that matters. Now we shall see if I can keep them from melting. icon_surprised.gif
LL

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:20am
post #6 of 10

You did a great job, those are so cute! They use coating chocolate at Disneyland, I guess it's the same as the candy melts. I bet yours taste much better than theirs!

crolfes83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crolfes83 Posted 17 May 2007 , 11:55am
post #7 of 10

That is so adorable! I love it! You did a great job!

Oh, how I love Mickey. icon_smile.gif

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 17 May 2007 , 1:54pm
post #8 of 10

Wow! Those are so cute! I never thought of that thumbs_up.gif

Great job!

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:41pm
post #9 of 10

What a great idea!!! My daughter would love these as well!!! They look great!!!

MahalKita Posted 19 May 2007 , 4:06am
post #10 of 10

THANK YOU!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%