Website Hosting

Business By Sonya Updated 12 Jun 2006 , 4:25pm by Erdica

Sonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sonya Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone has signed up with freewebs and pays for their Premium Services or has registered a domain name with them? I have been working on a free site with them and it is pretty easy to maintain however I am looking into buying their hosting and buying a domain name from them and I was wondering if anybody has done this and if there has been any problems or issues with freewebs and is it still easy to maintain like the free service is? As you can see I am not very computer savvy and have never bought web hosting or a domain name before, so thanks for any help!

~Sonya

3 replies
tgirl22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgirl22 Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 4

I got my website through microsoft office. It's a beta site, so it does have a few bugs, but it is completely free, including the domain name. It's simple to work with, but doesn't have a whole lot of features like guestbook, counter, etc. You can see my website at http://www.prattycakes.com

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 12:50am
post #3 of 4

My son is a software developer and he takes care of my web site for me and we bought my domain name and I believe also the hosting. If you are an executive member at costco you have available to you a hosting and domain name price break for canada its $8.95 per mo. not sure of US but it might be something for you to check into through Costco. We are now in the process of re-designing my site to add cookie bouquets to it. My daughter works with me and she handles the cookies and I do the cakes.

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 4

We use godaddy.com. I think it's about $9 or $10 a month.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%