Would You Redo This Bouquet

Decorating By SugarBakerz Updated 19 May 2007 , 9:55pm by marthajo1

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 36

I was just wondering if you would redo this bouquet? It is for a customer and she is picking it up in 4 hours.... I don't know why, but I just don't like it..... take a looksy and tell me what you think.. I had 4 due today and this one just didn't strike my fancy... thanks for looking!
LL

35 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 36

Hmmmmm, I see what you mean about it not striking your fancy. You have done a great job putting it together and decorating it. I think what is not striking either one of us is the cupcakes do not look like flowers. If you did the white icing in yellow with the chocolate centers then they would look like big daisies or sunflowers and be adorable. They would really pop too! Can you change the icing easily by airbrushing or replacing it? Other than that I love it!

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 36

i think the cupcakes look gorgeous! maybe you could trim the green stuff a little?

SugarBakerz Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 36

well she wanted white flowers with brown centers like the pail... I could airbrush it... I think I will just redo it..... I hate selling something that I hate myself... and you know most people aren't going to be like wow that's awful... they will just be kind and take it.. and then never call again, hehehehehe... what do you think about using white or brown shreds instead of the green?

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 36

I think Lea is correct you need color with the chocolate. It is sort of boring with the white.

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:26pm
post #6 of 36

I like them the way they are...but I know what you mean. If you don't feel confidant with them though, you might want to redo them. Like I said though, I like them, I wouldn't mind paying for them!!! Not much help, huh? icon_redface.gif

fragglerock1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fragglerock1 Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 36

The flowers on the pail have a more yellowish center, perhaps you could do it that way? I think it would look really cute with a little more color.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 36

I don't know anything about cupcake bouquets but is it possible to use a large leaf tip and make big white petals instead of just the swirl?

Maureen1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1954 Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:57pm
post #9 of 36

I think the centers of the flowers need to be smaller.

Teekakes Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:04pm
post #10 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

well she wanted white flowers with brown centers like the pail... I could airbrush it... I think I will just redo it..... I hate selling something that I hate myself... and you know most people aren't going to be like wow that's awful... they will just be kind and take it.. and then never call again, hehehehehe... what do you think about using white or brown shreds instead of the green?

OK, so maybe you could lessen the size of the brown centers with yellow to match the flowers on the bucket? I think by adding yellow like the flowers have on the bucket they would be very attractive. The green shreds are fine. Just try adding some yellow to cover part of the brown and call them good. It is a very pretty arrangement and I don't think it will take much to make you like it a lot. icon_smile.gif

carleen2140 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carleen2140 Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:04pm
post #11 of 36

Well if it were me, I might make the brown centers smaller, and perhaps a little yelllow around the edge of the brown centers. Then I would replace the green trim with yellow trim. Too many colors going on between the bucket, cupcakes, and the trim. But this is just my opinion. I too don't like when something just doesn't please me.
Carleen

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:13pm
post #12 of 36

sorry... I can see why you might want to redo. I have had plenty of redos myself. I think the colored roses look better. I haven't tried this yet . You did a great job putting together. Hope I can do that well.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:25pm
post #13 of 36

I agree with Maureen1954. The center could be smaller with a touch of yellow. And petals instead of circular design.

SugarBakerz Posted 12 May 2007 , 8:33pm
post #14 of 36

Well since she was mega insistent about a purple pail, I figured she would appreciate this more than the white/brown combo... only thing is the icing is sliding down a bit on some of them, think it is way humid in the South today, so it isn't acting normal... I moved it onto the table away from the oven in hopes it would go ahead and crust before it slid off!

So hopefully this will be better!
LL

Jopalis Posted 12 May 2007 , 8:49pm
post #15 of 36

I LOVE IT! Super! Is it posted..? Will put in my FAVS! Can you stick it in the fridge for a bit?

Teekakes Posted 12 May 2007 , 8:57pm
post #16 of 36

OOOOOH, I love this one! Totally BEEEEEautiful in every way! Stick it in the freezer for a few minutes? I have not made a cupcake bouquet yet but it is on my list of things to do very soon and I'll use yours as a template! Love it! icon_smile.gif

SugarBakerz Posted 12 May 2007 , 8:59pm
post #17 of 36

Can you believe it fell again.... UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH! So here is my 3rd try... I actually like the bottom flowers and might start doing this instead.. it is tip 74
LL

Jopalis Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:01pm
post #18 of 36

I wonder if there is something better than toothpics... Cut-off wooden bbq skewers...could make longer or something with a bigger end to poke in cupcake... don't laugh...what about a plastic fork... a cocktail fork...

Let's think about this.... brainstorm...

Teekakes Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:02pm
post #19 of 36

Oh gosh! I like those a lot better too! So sorry they fell on you and hope they stop it! Can you put them in the freezer for a little bit to set the icing well before putting them on the stick?
This one is my favorite so far! Making mental note of the tip you used. icon_smile.gif

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:02pm
post #20 of 36

Lets hope she comes by soon to pick up the bouquet. I love the latest look you did. Hopefully she will too.

SugarBakerz Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:04pm
post #21 of 36

Well I actually ice mine after they are on.. I tried it the other way my fingers kept smooshing the icing.. I think what I am doing wrong is making the cupcake to large.. if it domes, I slice it even with the liner... I think if I used a smidge less batter and filled the flower in up to the liner it would work better. I am using plastic toothpick-fork options from the $ tree. I put a picture of them in the long cc bouquet thread... they are very sturdy! The problem isn't the cake sturdiness, it is the icing.... it just slips off icon_smile.gif But I am 10 minutes into this final attempt and no sliding yet.. hopefully it works!

Jopalis Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:06pm
post #22 of 36

I love the other flowers too. A mix would be cool....roses, ones like you did with 74 and maybe mini tins...for baby flowers...roses....

I think I may try with those thin wooden bbq skewers then you can put it deeper into the ball and the cupcakes. They are fairly skinny too.

How could we stick some leaves in?

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:07pm
post #23 of 36

I like the bottom ones to they remind me of simple hydrangeas or something!!

Suzie757 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzie757 Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:11pm
post #24 of 36

To all thinking about using the bbq skewers, they work great !! You can get a package of 150 at the Dollar Tree. I just trim them down as needed. I also made some bouquets using the 2D making swirl drop flowers all around the cupcake. I took a picture with my phone but don't know how to put it on here or I would show you.

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 12 May 2007 , 9:54pm
post #25 of 36

i just love the way they look in the pail!!! so cute!!!!

Jopalis Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:25pm
post #26 of 36

Thanks Suzie! I was thinking they might work! That's what I will try. I figured if more could go into the ball then the weight on the ends would be more supported. Plus you could go in the cupcake a little farther being careful not to go too far. Yeah!

SugarBakerz Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:29pm
post #27 of 36

I love the pails too... cuter bouquets to me... but, my balls don't fit as well in them because they aren't 4 or 5 inchers... somewhere in between... to big for a 4 too small for a 5... that is the one good thing about the TC pots, you know you buy the same size styro as the pot... but oh well, it is all about learning and creating... I love these and I know they are going to be a huge hit. I did a flyer for DD's school graduating preK and K class, told them to get with me before Wednesday to have them delivered to the church on Friday evening for ceremonies, hopefully people will order them! I only got 4 Mother's Day ones, but that is ok becuase I had other cakes due this week..... including my own mom's cake!

Jopalis Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:42pm
post #28 of 36

Could paint on the tc's if you want... not much to take away from the bouquet.... Could stencil greeting around the rim or something though.... Lots of possibilities...

If for a child a sand pail would be cute if ball would work right...

boyoboy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boyoboy Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:52pm
post #29 of 36

this may help, I found that the styrafome balls were kinda expensive . this is what I do , I use 6 inch terracotta pots . I take 5 -9 oz. plastic cups and cut them down to about 1/3 the size ( i know i should try a differnt size cup , but this is what i had at the time and it works great) . Ok now I staple 5 into a circle shape there will be a hole in the middle . i know this is hard to picture i am sorry . I then place a piece of newspaper into bottom of the pot to fill it up a little then i place a piece of tissue paper under the cups and then place that right on top of the pot and it fits inside the pot very good . then i place 5 cupcakes in the cups and then I put 1 cupcake in the center , i just squeeze it in between where the hole was. So it is a 6 cupcake bouquet. I usually place 2 roses on the outer 5 cupcakes and then 3 roses on the center 1. i then fill in with leaves . everyone has loved them . I will try to post a picture . I have also used a bigger rose tip and done 1 larger rose on each cupcake and filled in with leaves. this is very stable and i have not had any problems with it tipping or anything. hope this helps
Nicole

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:57pm
post #30 of 36

How do you do the hydrangea flowers? They look awesome! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%