Movie Review--Cars

Lounge By daltonam Updated 15 Jun 2006 , 9:47pm by NEWTODECORATING

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 2:08am
post #1 of 26

wow

we went & seen CARS today, my kids & i both liked it alot, really cute movie, bes t disney movie in awhile

started off a little aggrestive, but that's okay it ended up perfect for the whole family-for those who care, i heard the word hell 2 times--

still really worth seeing-will buy DVD when comes out

25 replies
spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 11:49am
post #2 of 26

Ya know I wonder if taking a 2 year old to the movies is still too young. My Dh wants to take my son....I think he's crazy. How old are your kids?

daltonam Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 26

son-11
daughter-5

that's kinda hard to say--for a 2 yr old i would say that the beginning would keep his/her attention really really easy (even though is agressive-all i mean by that is in real racing you can't push cars out of the way)
but it does slow down, & there is a point to the movie, my 5 yr old stayed awake but said she was sleppy during this part---my dh couldn't go w/us & i told him i thought he would have liked it alot--if you watch racing there are alot of the same thing, just named differently-i don't watch racing that much but it was still fun to try & figure out if they were referring to something/someone.

here where i live a 2 yr old gets in free, but of course mom & dad still have to pay

i think that if i had to pick a movie, just b/c i wanted to take my child to the movies this would be it--also you can get up & walk around in the lobby for a few minutes if he/she gets antsy---having an older child i've had to do this alot w/ the younger b/c we were taking the older to see the movie

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 26

We took our 3 year old (he is gonna be 4 in august) today and he loved it. He is into cars like his papa.
I think your 2 year old might be too young. At that age they get distracted easily. Then again it depends on the individual child.
It was a great movie though! thumbs_up.gif

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 26

My son turned two in April. I've taken him to see Hoodwinked and Ice Age 2 at the theater. He didn't do very well through Hoodwinked (it wasn't a very good movie in my opinion) but he did pretty well through Ice Age 2. I'd say it depends on the child.

spottydog Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 1:20am
post #6 of 26

Thanks for the input. I will let ya know how it goes if we take the little guy to see it. This could get scary!! icon_smile.gif

spottydog Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 1:21am
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvallee

My son turned two in April. I've taken him to see Hoodwinked and Ice Age 2 at the theater. He didn't do very well through Hoodwinked (it wasn't a very good movie in my opinion) but he did pretty well through Ice Age 2. I'd say it depends on the child.

He is too cute!!!!!!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 7:28pm
post #8 of 26

I'm shocked!! There's cussing in a disney/pixar movie/cartoon???

WOW!!!!!!

spottydog Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 7:29pm
post #9 of 26

There is?? Wow that surprises me.

daltonam Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 7:56pm
post #10 of 26

my son told me (when i said something about it) that it said something like hell's highway, but i still don't like even that--for a G movie--here's some info....

this info comes from The Dove Foundation (i'm not promoting this site i just did a search for movie ratings, etc...)

Content Description:
Sex: Not unless you count a female car wanting to kiss a male car.
Language: H-2; Holy Sho*t; Holy Porsche.
Violence: Some damage done while cars are racing. Nothing too strong.
Drugs: 60's hippie van mentions knowing another vehicle which was really "lit."
Nudity: None
Occult: None

so that's Hell 2 times, holy shoot, holy porsche

spottydog Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 8:13pm
post #11 of 26

Well we didn't make it this past weekend. We figured it would be too jammed in there. Thinking about this weekend though. icon_smile.gif

mmdd Posted 14 Jun 2006 , 9:12pm
post #12 of 26

they say "hillbilly hell" twice

daltonam Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 2:01am
post #13 of 26

THANK YOU MMDD

I JUST KNEW THAT I WAS THINK *******WHAT*******I THOUGHT THIS WAS G RATED

I DID LIKE THE MOVIE

mmdd Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 2:45am
post #14 of 26

I really liked the movie too. My 5 yo never took his eyes off of it, but my 4 yo got real fidgety about halfway through.

It does get kinda slow there in the middle, and it seemed like a long movie to me.

I told dh that will we definitely have to buy it when it comes out on dvd.

But, I'm still a little shocked at the hillbilly hell part.

Anyway.........you know how pixar always puts something in their past movie in their present movie????? Like the infamous toy story ball??? Also, two bugs from a bugs life were in toy story...and buzz lightyear was in nemo? Well...............was it me or did anyone catch those birds sitting on the line as they were racing by?????

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 2:51am
post #15 of 26
daltonam Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:04am
post #16 of 26

DOUG YOU DO REALIZE THAT YOU ** THE WORD 5 DIFFERENT TIMES?

I AGREE THAT MY 11 YR OLD KNEW THAT THEY WEREN'T CUSSING BUT MY 5 YR OLD DOESN'T KNOW THE WORD & I REALLY DON'T LIKE TO THINK THAT I TAKE HER TO A G RATED MOVIE & HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT YOU CAN'T SAY THAT WORD --& NO SHE DIDN'T CATCH ON-NEVER EVEN KNEW IT WAS SAID--BUT STILL NOT REALLY THE POINT

I DO REALIZE THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS THAT I COULD BE COMPLAINING ABOUT--LIKE VIOLENCE IN ALOT OF CARTOONS, EVEN SCOOBY DOO--YOU DON'T ALWAY THINK ABOUT IT B/C THOSE CARTOONS WERE AROUND WHEN WE WERE LITTLE---

ALL I WAS SAYING IS THAT I WAS SHOCKED

mmdd Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:11am
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

DOUG YOU DO REALIZE THAT YOU ** THE WORD 4 DIFFERENT TIMES?

I AGREE THAT MY 11 YR OLD KNEW THAT THEY WEREN'T CUSSING BUT MY 5 YR OLD DOESN'T KNOW THE WORD & I REALLY DON'T LIKE TO THINK THAT I TAKE HER TO A G RATED MOVIE & HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT YOU CAN'T SAY THAT WORD --& NO SHE DIDN'T CATCH ON-NEVER EVEN KNEW IT WAS SAID--BUT STILL NOT REALLY THE POINT

I DO REALIZE THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS THAT I COULD BE COMPLAINING ABOUT--LIKE VIOLENCE IN ALOT OF CARTOONS, EVEN SCOOBY DOO--YOU DON'T ALWAY THINK ABOUT IT B/C THOSE CARTOONS WERE AROUND WHEN WE WERE LITTLE---

ALL I WAS SAYING IS THAT I WAS SHOCKED

I completely agree with you, daltonam..........I can just see my 5 yo going to kindergarden this year saying he's in kindergarden he**...........it's just the fact that you don't expect anything like that in a "G" movie.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:20am
post #18 of 26

mmdd That is new to me about all the other characters showing up in other places. Where in the world is Buzz in Nemo?? He must be hiding somewhere.

daltonam Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:27am
post #19 of 26

I CAN'T REMEMBER BUZZ RIGHT OFF HAND, BUT THE END OF CARS WAS 'IT'--IT WAS SO CUTE--SO DON'T GET UP & WALK OUT

snicker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snicker Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:27am
post #20 of 26

If i remeber right, buzz was a toy laying in the dentists waiting room!! icon_smile.gif

mmdd Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:27am
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

mmdd That is new to me about all the other characters showing up in other places. Where in the world is Buzz in Nemo?? He must be hiding somewhere.

You have to look fast. When nemo first gets put in the fish tank, he looks around the dentists office. There's a toy box over in the corner. Buzz is lying on his back out in the floor. My 4 yo has been a buzz fan since he was 1 1/2...he spotted this the second he saw it and that was when he was 2!

I think the toy story ball is in there too.

I can't remember all of them, but I saw a show on it somewhere...I'm guessing the disney channel and they actually showed all of what they had done so far. I wish they'd show it again.

snicker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snicker Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:28am
post #22 of 26

LOL mmdd, your fast!!

mmdd Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:34am
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by snicker

LOL mmdd, your fast!!

Well...thank you!

Ahem, to infinity and beyond!!!!!

<did you hear the background music?>

OMG! I need some sleep!!!!! LOL!

daltonam Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:40am
post #24 of 26

[quote="mmddOMG! I need some sleep!!!!! LOL![/quote]

USA?? EAST COAST??

I KNOW I NEED TO BE ASLEEP--WIDE AWAKE

mmdd Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 3:42am
post #25 of 26

Kentucky! Same time zone as you!!!!!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 Jun 2006 , 9:47pm
post #26 of 26

OMG I remember seeing him there now. I am going to have to go watch it AGAIN!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%