Pastry Pride And Frostin Pride???

Decorating By roxxxy_luvs_duff Updated 25 May 2007 , 10:26am by JanH

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 13

Can anyone tell me what the difference between these two are before I whip them up (thawing right now).....thanks!

12 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 11 May 2007 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 13

Frostin Pride whips a bit thicker than Pastry Pride. The taste is very similar. I personally prefer the Frostin Pride. If you want to make roses or soft borders, don't over-whip it. Once it reaches stiff peaks, you can stop. It doesn't wilt much at all.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:03am
post #3 of 13

Do either of you know of a place to get wither of these online? I knwo they are frozen I will pay the freight but I can nto find them anywhere. I checked Costco and a local food ditributor with no luck..

Thanks for the help and Hope I did not hijack your note. i jsut thought since you both obviously have it...you might know how to get it icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks

Julia

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:19am
post #4 of 13

I've only been able to get those products from Smart & Final stores and I live in California. I went to their web site and they have locations in Arizona, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. I don't think they sell online. I haven't searched the web to see if anyone else carries the Pastry Pride or Frostin Pride. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:26am
post #5 of 13

Thanks for the looking. I have searched the web but can not come up with anything. Thansk for the help,

Julia

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:44am
post #6 of 13

I bought mine at smart and final(i live in CA too)......does the frostin pride have the taste of whip cream????

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:53am
post #7 of 13

...yeah, the taste is really similar...I think it says on the carton one is 'topping' and one is 'filling and topping'....they both are good though... thumbs_up.gif

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:54am
post #8 of 13

Are these both the same as the frozen Rich's Whip?

Wendoger Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:57am
post #9 of 13

Rich's Bettercream??? Yeah, pretty much.....

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:01am
post #10 of 13

I was told that Pastry Pride is what Baskin Robbins uses on their ice cream cakse. Smart n Final had both (regular) PP and vanilla PP. I got the regular. I wouldn't swear it was the same, but it definitely tasted like a whipped cream (sort of like cool whip) to me. Here is a thread that I posted a few weeks ago. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-208861-.html

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:09am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendoger

Rich's Bettercream??? Yeah, pretty much.....

The carton says Rich's Whip, non dairy dessert topping. I have been hesitant to try it because I wasn't sure if it was already sweetened or if it is like heavy whipping cream that you sweeten with sugar.

Wendoger Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:19pm
post #12 of 13

I would say it is already sweetened....if it doesn't say anything about adding sugars or flavorings...all the other ones are already sweetened.
icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 25 May 2007 , 10:26am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillmn

Are these both the same as the frozen Rich's Whip?

According to the blurb on the Rich's site, Rich's Whip is a (garnish) topping and filling (for puff pastry) while Bettercreme is an icing and filling. icon_confused.gif

Here's the product info:

http://richs.com/foodservice_products_1.asp

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%