Has Anyone Ever Used Those Fondant Lifter Rings??

Decorating By ladij153 Updated 2 Feb 2013 , 4:46pm by Walkinmomma

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 12

Bon Jour everyone!!

I am thinking of buying these and wanted to know if they work as well as the description sounds???

They are kind of pricey so don't want to wast my money on something that is useless.

Also, has anyone ever used that SugarVeil product?? If so, how did you like it??

Best regards,
LuAnn icon_smile.gif

11 replies
JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 12

I have not heard of a fondant lifter ring. Do you have a link to show what it is?

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 12

LuAnn I just PMed you regarding the fondant lifter rings.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 12

I have seen it used. But like you said it is pricey. So I have not bought them. Not enough bussines to do so.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 12

I've seen instructions on making your own version - but I don't know how well these work. I'd like to hear from someone who's used them as well.

It's one of the things on my "wish list".

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 12

I don't have one but would like to get one too, just a little pricey for me right now.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 12

Ladij....... your cakes are really neat, and I would like to leave a comment on them, but you must not have checked the box that says to allow comments........

ladij153 Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:52pm
post #8 of 12

I first saw these at Sugarcraft.com

www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/fond-lifter.htm

They are on special there for $191 per set. I also saw them somewhere else recently but can't for the life of me remember where!! I think they were cheaper too! I prowl the internet for all manner of cake toys. I look on my breaks and lunches at work and when home I'm on as much as time allows.

ladij153 Posted 11 May 2007 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 12

Thank you Grama_j....I didn't know there was an option to not have comments. I loaded the Cyndies cow spot cake and had a couple of comments on it but they aren't there now. I didn't think anything of it, just thought they weren't comment worthy. I deleted Angela's b-day cake and reposted it to see what options there are for comments but it will be awhile before it is available again.

Alligande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alligande Posted 11 May 2007 , 9:39pm
post #10 of 12

I haven't used the lifter rings and have always been curious about them. I use the ateco slicone mat to roll out on and use it to lift and move the fondant - works well and costs alot less

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 11 May 2007 , 10:57pm
post #11 of 12

yep, what she said icon_biggrin.gif

Walkinmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Walkinmomma Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 4:46pm
post #12 of 12

I have a set by DecoTek that I have used for covering wedding cakes and really like them.  I often use The Mat for smaller cakes but love thr rings for the larger cakes as it makes it easy to lay the fondant over the cake.  The largest cake I have done is  an 18" diameter with them and it worked very well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%