A Name For My Business

Business By ttb Updated 8 Jun 2006 , 6:10pm by pinkopossum

ttb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttb Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 9

How does this sound:

Tasty Cakes by Trish or Trish's Tasty Cakes.

Appreciate your opinions.

8 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 9

mmmmmmmm tasty cakes.....oh sorry that's the name of snack cakes her in Jersey!!! But I think it's spelled Tasty Kakes...I think! Anyhow I think it sounds like a great name ....I like Trish's Tasty cakes that one gets my vote.

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 9

My opinion I like the first one.

skylightsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skylightsky Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 9

The first easier on the tongue, but the second looks better in print.

I vote for the first, I think...

Write yourself an Ad. Then, have about 10 people read it. Change the name each time you read the ad. You'll get a better idea of what you want after doing that. Believe me. Also, ask other people to listen to the ad and vote. HEARING the two... that's important. Your company name will be heard many many times.

I can see, in the future, people just referring to you as Trish's... and simply dropping the tasty cake portion. When they attempt to look you up in the phone book, the first name they will remember is TRISH... or, if they don't know you well... they'll remember the tasty cake part, and try like the dickens to remember the Trish portion.

It all depends on the way the marketing is RECEIVED by the individual. What's your focus? How are you setting yourself apart from others? Are you a homebased business right now, just starting out? Thinking of getting some business cards and need a name at the top? The size of the wording will help emphasize which words are recalled first.

TRISH's Tasty Cakes

looks entirely different from

Tasty Cakes by Trish

See the point? Your typesetting can REALLY be influencial.

Congratulations! I wish you LOTS and Lots of happiness and success~

Ishie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ishie Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 9

I think TASTY CAKES by Trish is the better of the two. The first thing people will think of when asked, "Where can I get a tasty cake for the ___" will be "Tasty Cakes by Trish of course!"
Plus it does better alphabetically.
That's it for my 2 cents.
icon_smile.gif

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 9

That's a tough one! I think I like Tasty Cakes by Trish better. Good luck!!

ttb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttb Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 5:06pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks for the replies. I kinda like Tasty Cakes best. Anyone else care to give their opinion? I will make this one of my marketing polls.

I have been decorating out of my home for a year now for the public. I have a full time job as a materials coordinator but I guess that does not take care of my artistic side. (I have actually decorated cakes since I was old enough to make some of the most elaborate mud cakes my mom ever saw.... NO flower and most weeds were never safe from my hands that were always ready to pluck them for decorations.) Several people are asking for business cards and the name of my business. I am not ready to go full time with my cake business yet, but I like to be prepared.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 5:14pm
post #8 of 9

My vote is for Tasty Cakes

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:10pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog

My vote is for Tasty Cakes

ditto icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%