Globe Mixers- Anyo0Ne Use/know?

Business By acookieobsession Updated 12 May 2007 , 1:27am by CindiM

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 11 May 2007 , 11:26am
post #1 of 4

I went to the local Restaurant supply store loooking at mixers. I was looking at the Hobart N50 which is a tabletop 5gt commercial. But really 5qt is not enough, plus Hobarts are OUTRAGEOUS!

So the manager suggests I try a globe mixer. They come in 8, 10, 20 qt bench tops. Now the 20 is too big but I think the other are ok.

THing is I don't know anything about them. Customer service? Strength of parts, etc.

I don't have $1500 to pay for the 5qt hobart, but I need a bigger mixer. My Kitchen aid 600 broke....yes, yes it was the gumpste/mmf. And I tried the Electrolux and it did not work for me (it's ok Melissa-thanks for the help).

Thanks for any help, Julia

3 replies
CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 11 May 2007 , 12:28pm
post #2 of 4

I have the 10 qt and the 20 qt Globe mixers at my shop and I love them!!! I have had them for 4 or 5 years with no problem.

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:53pm
post #3 of 4

Would you know anything about the customer service?

Do you make gumpaste and/or fondant.

HAve you ever pushed it to where you thought it was going to croak? If so...how much and if not..what is the largest,most diffeicult thing you have made in it.

Thank you so much for answering my questions. i want this mixer to last...I will drop the money, but I want to be SURE it will nto break just after the warranty.

Thanks again!!

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 12 May 2007 , 1:27am
post #4 of 4

I mix cake batter in my 8 qt. and buttercream in my 20 qt. globe mixer.
I don't make gum paste or fondant. I buy Satin Ice. I don't push my equipment hard. My smaller mixer is an 8 qt., I thought it was a 10. The 8 qt. is 4 years old, and the 20 qt. is 5 years old, and I have never called customer service, ever. You should call their customer service if that is your concern and let them explain the mixer's work load.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%