What Is Mmf?

Decorating By sincerely Updated 27 May 2007 , 4:03pm by babyqueen

sincerely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sincerely Posted 11 May 2007 , 5:02am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I've done lots of cakes and lots of creative cakes as well. However, I've never done fondant and would really like to. Just afraid to try. It's really the trend and I'm sure I could do it. I've heard about how yucky fondant is and saw some posts recommending MMF - but I have no idea what that is. Can someon clue me in?
thanks

4 replies
MissLady85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLady85 Posted 11 May 2007 , 5:57am
post #2 of 5

its marshmallow fondant
here is the link to the recipe (its ALOT better than wilton)
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1949-Marshmallow-Fondant-MMF.html

good luck

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 11 May 2007 , 6:09am
post #3 of 5

If you don't want to make your own some brands to try are; Satinice, Chocopan, Fondx, and Pettinice. I use Satinice and Pettinice the most. They taste good and are easy to work with. When rolling it out, I prefer to use shortening. I find that when I use to much sugar or cornstarch to roll it out it dries out the fondant. MMF is good, but I find it easier and faster to just go out and buy it.

jab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jab Posted 25 May 2007 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by neni

If you don't want to make your own some brands to try are; Satinice, Chocopan, Fondx, and Pettinice. I use Satinice and Pettinice the most. They taste good and are easy to work with. When rolling it out, I prefer to use shortening. I find that when I use to much sugar or cornstarch to roll it out it dries out the fondant. MMF is good, but I find it easier and faster to just go out and buy it.

Where do you buy these products Satinice and Pettinice and what do they taste like??

babyqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyqueen Posted 27 May 2007 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 5

I have decorated with fondant for years, but have never heard of MMF. Why use it? Does it taste better, or is it easier to work with? Could someone please explain the benefits?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%