My Cake Stuck!

Decorating By bakersdawn Updated 10 May 2007 , 8:48pm by bakersdawn

bakersdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakersdawn Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, so I have a pound cake to deliver on Saturday. I figured I would go ahead and make it today (thank goodness!!) since I have never actually used my bundt pan before. It's a VERY old Nordicware pan. I actually found it in the cabinet at an old apartment I lived in, so I have no idea how old. Anyway, it seems like a great pan, just has a few "scrapes" and one quarter-size spot on the inside where the coating is coming off. I used the a cream cheese pound cake recipe (which is delish icon_lol.gif ) and the home-made cake release recipe from CC. Well, I waited the required 10 minutes (on the dot) after taking the cake out of the oven and it STUCK in the pan. I am going to try and attach a pic if I can. Any ideas what might have happened??

6 replies
bakersdawn Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 7

Alright. I couldn't figure out how to resize the photo, so I put it under my photos in my profile if you wanna have a look. icon_redface.gif

loncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loncake Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 7

It could be the pan is just too old for the cake release to work, maybe invest in a new one. Or maybe you didn't put enough cake release on the pan. Try more cake release, and if that doesn't work then try to get a new pan. Good luck!

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 7

Was the cake done, some times the cake will sweat. Maybe you did not use enough cake release, I've never used the homemad kind before. I've had this happen to before but not to the whole cake as your did.

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 7

I was just reading in the Cake Mix Doctor book that you should wait 20 minutes before removing a cake from a bundt pan. I don't know if that would have helped you, but maybe something to try for next time...

Sorry about your cake sticking!

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 7

In my bundt pans (especially my really intricate ones) I use a pastry brush and crisco and get it into all the grooves. Then I dust with flour. And I've never had a cake stick in my bundts (and I have some really detailed ones). Maybe you could try that. icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry about the mishap though. I know how it feels to have to bake it again. I was up until midnight one night doing that because I was lazy and omitted putting flour in the pan. For some reason that made all the difference and my cake didn't come out well. I feel your pain!

Good luck with the re-do!

bakersdawn Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, the cake was definitely done. As far as the pan being to old to work right - that's why I wanted to go ahead and do it early so I'd have time to redo it if it didn't work. At any rate, I just went to Nordicware's website and it suggested shaking the pan back and forth until you hear the cake thumping against the sides. I've never heard of that before, so maybe it's just something you have to do with a bundt. Anyway, I think I'm willing to try it again. If it doesn't work, I'm off to Linens-N-Things to get a new one and will try again tomorrow. You know, I think everyone in my husband's shop at work has got to love it when I screw up!!! icon_lol.gifusaribbon.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%