Air Brush

Decorating By reni Updated 12 Jun 2006 , 2:04pm by Molly2

reni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reni Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 3:08am
post #1 of 15

I'm new to this site. Been decorating (friends and family) for several years. I'm considering air brush. Is there a type and or style/model that you would recommend? Looking for not too expensive (hobbiest only) and easy easy to use....

14 replies
reni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reni Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 3:10am
post #2 of 15

Also...is there an outlet for gently used kits?

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 3:17am
post #3 of 15

Iv heard of some using the one from wal mart in the model car section about $20 and you can buy the air in cans for about $10 heard it works well maybe someone can tell you more about it. Otherwise I have a Chef Master about $250 us

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 1:39am
post #4 of 15

Go to kopykake.com They have an airbursh made just for hobby and home use. It is next on MY wish list. They also have the airbrush colors and cleaner, needles, etc. HTH

Cindy_Gl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy_Gl Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 15

I have had the Kopy Kake Airmaster airbrush for 8 years now, and haven't had any problems with it. I've only had to replace nicked needles a couple of times. It is easy to take apart and clean. It came highly recommended to me and I am happy I went with it.

I do see it retails for 225.00 (Kinda pricey). I had my business pay for it and I can't remember how much I paid, but I don't think it was that much.

Cindy

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 5:56pm
post #6 of 15

I've heard that the KopyKake Airmaster is the best to go with. That is on my wish list. I've done a great deal of research and it seems like the best.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 5:57pm
post #7 of 15

Cindy_Gl

I have one but never really used it ( hubby bought it for me for my brithday) I'm looking for someone to teach me how if you have pictures of your air brush cakes I'd love to see what you do

Molly icon_smile.gif

Cindy_Gl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy_Gl Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 8:33pm
post #8 of 15

Molly,

I will try to upload some photos into my profile this afternoon.

As you can see I am new here, so hopefully it won't take long to figure out.

Cindy

Molly2 Posted 11 Jun 2006 , 9:11pm
post #9 of 15

That will be great I'll ne looking forward to seeing them

Molly2

cakesondemand Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 12:35am
post #10 of 15

I think the best thing to do is practice on some cardboard first just to get the feel of the triger and go for it I was scared at first but found it very easy to work with. There are some pics in my photos with air brushing.

Molly2 Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 2:53am
post #11 of 15

WOW! your cakes are wonderful did you airbrush your flowers?
I hope to be able to do that one day thanks for posting your picks

Molly2 thumbs_up.gif

cakesondemand Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 3:19am
post #12 of 15

That was my first attempt at air brushing flowers it sure is easier than having to paint or dust them. Thats when I realized the fine detail that I could get from the air brush. I have a Chefmaster magic mist air brush I was a little worried when I bought it since I did't know much about that brand a baker recommended it but Im happy I chose that one I can make very fine lines with it just have to practice more. Thank you for your comment on my cakes.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:10pm
post #13 of 15

I have the Airmaster!! I just love it!!

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 1:18pm
post #14 of 15

In the bakery I work at, I don't know what I'd do without it! I LOVE the airbrush! I still want one for my home. I finally have my Kitchenaid, now the airbrush is next. They got thiers from Bakery Crafts though.

Molly2 Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 2:04pm
post #15 of 15

Calejo

I love your airbrush dragon cake my son would love that how did you do that?

Molly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%