Firetruck .. Bulldozer .. Dump Truck???

Decorating By mjsparkles2001 Updated 7 Jun 2006 , 5:12am by KimAZ

mjsparkles2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsparkles2001 Posted 6 Jun 2006 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have instructions on how to do any of these cakes. Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks everyone!

3 replies
sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 6 Jun 2006 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 4

Check link below. You could probably turn this into a dump truck. Make it shorter and dig out to make an opening in the back part; what is that called?; the part where they carry the stuff. Well I'm sure you know what I mean. Hope this helps.

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/add_pans/deliveringgoodwishes.cfm

Nana2three Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana2three Posted 6 Jun 2006 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 4

There is a photo in my album of a dump truck I did for my grandson's first birthday. I got the idea from a Wilton's book...if you want the specific instructions I can get them for you.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 5:12am
post #4 of 4

Hi,
I did a firetruck cake. I used a 9x13 cake, cut it in half lengthwise and stacked it. Then I cut out about a 2" wide section, about 1" deep just behind the cab part of the truck where I put hoses made of fondant. Be sure to dowel the cake as it's quite tall. I put the cake on a cake board cut to fit. Then put styrofoam blocks covered in freezer paper underneath that so it would sit up off the base. I cut out small round sections where the wheels would go and inset small chocolate donuts for the wheels. Then covered those in black buttercream.
Take a peek at the photo in my profile and I think you can see what I mean. Hope that helps.
KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%