My 1St Mmf!

Decorating By lynda-bob Updated 10 May 2007 , 5:10pm by lynda-bob

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 10 May 2007 , 5:16am
post #1 of 11

I just made Rhonda's Ultimate MMF! I half expected it to be a disaster as I had tried to make fondant before and vowed I never would again, but it seems to have come out perfect! I cannot wait to try it out! I'm going to make a 3-D Siamese cat for my mom (Mother's Day)... Do any of you who regularly work with MMF have any tips? Is it the same as working with any other fondant?

p.s. My kids and I were practically jumping up and down with joy when we tasted it! Yummm! Fondant usually tastes like cow paddies to me icon_lol.gif

Wish me luck, you all icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:14am
post #2 of 11

Have fun decorating.

Lindseyr6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindseyr6 Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:17am
post #3 of 11

yay!! my only tip would be that when rolling out to make sure you keep rotating it on the mat so it doesnt stick in any place... that might be a newbie tip but that is the thing that always messes me up is when a small part of it gets stuck to the mat!

lynda-bob Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:46am
post #4 of 11

Thanks! I did hear that it was softer than others. Hope it works out well icon_biggrin.gif

momof5kiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof5kiki Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:00pm
post #5 of 11

Recipe????

lorange Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorange Posted 10 May 2007 , 1:44pm
post #6 of 11

you give me hope. i have not worked with fondant but have wanted to. i haven't heard fondant was easy to work with. do you think this one might be a good starter? i also like the fact that you say it tastes better than reg fondant. do you have the recipe?? thanks and good luck!!

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 10 May 2007 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 11

Good luck! I sure it will turn out well. Where can I find that recipe?

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 10 May 2007 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 11

The recipe is in the recipe sectiong here at CC..

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3183-Rhondas-Ultimate-MMF.html

I can't wait to try this myself.. I made regular MMF and thought it was just okay.. this sounds realy good. There's a chocolate version too.. icon_biggrin.gif

momof5kiki Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:38pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks, going to try this today

momof5kiki Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:50pm
post #10 of 11

I just gotback fromm the store, I am going to try this today too.

lynda-bob Posted 10 May 2007 , 5:10pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks for posting the recipe site, Jkalman! I'm a little slow.. icon_razz.gif I have a fairly ok time working with store bought fondant, so I hope this works well for me (because I loved the taste). Now I want to make the chocolate one, too! I cannot stop going to the Ziploc and smelling that stuff. We can't wait to eat it already icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%