Photo Filtre Help Please.

Decorating By Sugar_Plum_Fairy Updated 10 May 2007 , 3:02am by rezzygirl

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 10 May 2007 , 1:13am
post #1 of 6

How do you crop a photo in this annoying program?

5 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 10 May 2007 , 1:21am
post #2 of 6

You should see an arrow Icon to the right .( the arrow is on the top left) . Click on the arrow now you can edit the photo. Hover over your picture where you want to start the crop and hold down the left click button on your mouse. Box out your photo by holding down the left click button and dragging the arrow. You can adjust the box from the sides and top of the box. then press and hold shift, control then H. That should crop it out. If you change your mind about what you've done just press and hold control then z. that's a quick way to undo. HTH

-Rezzy

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:28am
post #3 of 6

Thanks, Rezzy, but my problem is that I'm trying to crop a photo into a rounded recatangle shape and for some reason while your advise helped me to rid of the background (outside of the rounded rectangle), I still have plain white corners extending out from the rounded corners that contain the photo.

Hope that makes sense. I wanted to crop the photo to actually make it a rounded rectangle shape.

rezzygirl Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:52am
post #4 of 6

You can do that too! Look on the right.. towards the bottom (under where the arrow is) you'll see some shapes. Those are for cropping to those shapes. First click on the arrow, then on one of the shapes. (for rectangle oval, use the circle). Follow the same procedure as before.

Also, if you click on the shape above the one that looks like equal sign, then you can crop to points. You go around your photo and keep clicking at points you want to crop until you're all the way around ending where you started (your last click point should connect to the first one) then shift control h to crop.

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:55am
post #5 of 6

Ok, is this something new with the new upgrades. I don't recall any cropping ability when uploading pictures? (keep in mind I have 4 kids (5 if we count DH) and I'm short on brain cells... icon_lol.gif ) Thanks!

- Paula

rezzygirl Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:02am
post #6 of 6

Don't beat yourself up Paula!! Your brain cells are fine LOL!!! You have to download the software for photofilter. (it's free). It's not part of CC! Here's a link of you're interested:
http://www.photo-freeware.net/opanda-photofilter.php

-Rezzy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%