Check This Video Out They Call This A Cream Rose

Decorating By Woole2 Updated 14 May 2007 , 5:25am by martyz

belindajax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belindajax Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:08pm
post #31 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woole2

Well Ive tried and tried to make the rose like in the video and just cant seem to. So I will go buy the bigger rose tip and see if that makes a different and if it dont then its just me. I just cant seem to get my frosting to stick on the nail without moving all over the place..lol.. I want it to be STABLE like in the video.

Angela

Angela-My Wilton instructor had us attach a wax paper square to our flower nail with a tiny piece of adhesive clay that you can find at office supply stores. I think its used for hanging posters on cement block type walls. They lose their stick after awhile. I now use double-sided tape. I put a small piece of double-sided tape on the back of the wax paper square so it sticks to the flower nail and doesn't slide around. HTH.

Belinda

NickyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NickyA Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:10pm
post #32 of 49

Great, thanks for the video!

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:18pm
post #33 of 49

JUMPS UP AND DOWN I WANA KNOW HOW TO DO IT icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I SUCK A ROSES!!!!!

Woole2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Woole2 Posted 9 May 2007 , 10:02pm
post #34 of 49

LOL my frosting still slides around on the wax paper.. Its much easier to take the flowers right off the flower nail then the wax paper. Ohh I tried the pastry pride and all it did was wilt.

Angela

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:00am
post #35 of 49

Here is a link to a thread where newlywedws Shows how to wrap your frosting in saran wrap. This is what I want to try.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-38404.html

Woole2 Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:11am
post #36 of 49

thanks for the tip I will try that. Has anyone had any luck with making these roses?

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:53am
post #37 of 49

I used to work in a bakery and that is how I made my roses. I just used stiffened buttercream and a tip 104. I put more petals on it though and I went in the other direction--towards myself. The trick is to let the rose nail do the work for you. If you look at the video again, she is not moving her right hand that much, but the nail is turning and the combo is what makes it work. My frosting hand was going towards me and the rose nail hand was turning the nail away from me. Strange at first, but you get used to it. Practice, practice, practice. LOL HTH

Feefs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Feefs Posted 10 May 2007 , 5:19am
post #38 of 49

save

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:00am
post #39 of 49

That rose is really done about the same as the Wilton rose... The first spin around looks like it goes further around the rose than what I'm used to doing and there aren't as many petals in the last row but other than that, it's pretty much the same...

purplebutterfly1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purplebutterfly1234 Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:58am
post #40 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

Looks like regular rose making (though they were making the petals left to right, and I go right to left) just with a huge tip.

I agree.

It looks more impressive cuz that person is going fast, it's a HUGE tip, the top petals have that pink stripe across them and there are not as many petals as the Wilton rose, as far as I recall. I could be wrong, but I thought it was center and then 3,5,&7 petals.

I go that direction too, but I am not left handed. I don't know why, that just works for me. thumbs_up.gif Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing that! icon_smile.gif

Woole2 Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:25pm
post #41 of 49

ok so I bought the bigger tips and stiffend up my frosting a bit but it still slide around on the nail and the wax paper. will I ever get this down. Also the frosting wants to break half way around when I make the first swirl.. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

LaSombra Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:37pm
post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woole2

ok so I bought the bigger tips and stiffend up my frosting a bit but it still slide around on the nail and the wax paper. will I ever get this down. Also the frosting wants to break half way around when I make the first swirl.. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

You ought to try doing it with the whipped frosting. It's not so heavy as regular buttercream so doesn't get so floppy. I love doing the roses with it. I think that's what they were using for the rose in the video. I submitted my whipped frosting recipe on here if you want to try that or there is also Pastrypride or Bettercreme...

I think that if it is breaking, you're probably not squeezing hard enough so it's not coming out as fast as it should. It's probably too stiff and therefore hard to squeeze and more breakable. If it's getting floppy, it might be that you're not doing the base wide enought. I used to do my bases alot taller/skinnier than I do now and they always flopped around. I don't think you can really do the base to fat. Another thing you might want to try is to have the base be stiffer frosting than the petals. As long as the petals aren't drooping, they're stiff enough. It's the base that has to be strong.

LaSombra Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:24am
post #43 of 49

Hey, I just striped my bag like this today to make roses icon_smile.gif
LL

marthajo1 Posted 13 May 2007 , 10:01pm
post #44 of 49

They look great!! I think I want to try some more now too!

LaSombra Posted 13 May 2007 , 10:04pm
post #45 of 49

you know, it just occurred to me that those might actually BE cream...whipped cream lol. I was just figuring a whipped frosting but certainly can be whipped cream

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 13 May 2007 , 10:30pm
post #46 of 49

[quote="LaSombra"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

so where do you get these smaller bags then? It sounds very interesting. Like Marthajo said, it's not very consistent to do the striping but I do love striping. This just looks like it might be a better way.

Oddly enough, I saw these bag for the first time yesterday,

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=CD0465&cn=100600

First time I'd visited that site too.

marthajo1 Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:59am
post #47 of 49

Wow $.85 each!! I think I will be trying the saran wrap trick first! Ouch! I don't even like spending the 10 cents a bag on the normal disposable bags!

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:08am
post #48 of 49

Well, dang that's how I make my roses. It's easier to pull the petal 'away' from yourself than it is to pull it towards you. And BTW I am a 'righty'.

martyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martyz Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:25am
post #49 of 49

The video was a great find...I haven't had any classes and I was wondering how to make the roses! Yay - now I know. Thanks heaps. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%