Camouflage Cake

Decorating By petch Updated 10 May 2007 , 1:11pm by Daisy1

petch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petch Posted 8 May 2007 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to do a graduation cake with a camoflauge theme. I have two weeks until graduation. Any ideas?

4 replies
mullett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mullett Posted 8 May 2007 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 5

THE LAST CAMO CAKE I DID, I USED OLIVE GREEN, TAN, AND BROWN FOR THE COLORS. I PUT EACH IN A 12 DISP. BAG. THEN I PUT ALL THREE BAGS INTO A 18 INCH DISP. BAG AND LET THE COLORS MIX FOR THE BORDER AS THEY CAME OUT. THE BODY OF THE CAKE WAS A MOSS GREEN COLOR. ALL IN BUTTER CREAM. OH, IT WAS A CAMO GRADUATION HAT. I JUST CAN'T GET THIS PHOTO THING TOGETHER YET. I HOPE I CAN GET MY SON TO POST SOME FOR ME SOON. HOPE THIS WILL GIVE YOU SOME IDEAS.

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 9 May 2007 , 3:25am
post #3 of 5

There is a fabulous camo cake that was just posted in the last two days in the galleries. It turned out just perfect, and would be a great background for your cake!

tammik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammik Posted 9 May 2007 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 5

I did a couple of camo cakes. They turned out really cute. The other ones sound really cute - the way that they did them. I may have to try that next time. I've done 3 camo cakes in the style I have posted and all the customers really liked them.
Good luck. I can't wait to see how it turns out for you.

Daisy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisy1 Posted 10 May 2007 , 1:11pm
post #5 of 5

I make my camo using my airbrush. I use brown, green (darken with a little black), black, and red. Just spray on patches of color and let them blend into each other. I also don't clean out between colors and this helps verigate the colors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%