My Cupcake Bouquets!

Decorating By Lybby2000 Updated 9 May 2007 , 1:23pm by cambo

Lybby2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lybby2000 Posted 8 May 2007 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 29

THANK YOU CAMBO!!! These ended up being a huge hit! My sons teachers started off down the hall showing them off! icon_smile.gif Silly Girls!!

The only problem I had was that the lollypop sticks went straight through the cupcakes so I had to attach toothpicks in a "X" pattern about an inch down the stick to keep them from sliding all the way down--anyone know how to handle this problem?

28 replies
Steph2325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steph2325 Posted 8 May 2007 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 29

GORGEOUS!!

Where'd you get the boxes and the little picks to hold the card?

Steph

new2me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
new2me Posted 8 May 2007 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 29

GREAT JOB !! Did you stuff it or fill in the bare spots with cello after attaching all of cupcakes?

Lybby2000 Posted 8 May 2007 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 29

I got the boxes at Michaels for 1.00 each! And the note clips are made by wilton and should be right by the new cupcake display--I don't remember how much they were...
But I put the lollypop sticks in place and then took the celophane (sp) and attached it to a toothpick and pushed it into the starophome and then attached the cupcakes...

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 9 May 2007 , 12:23am
post #5 of 29

This is going to sound like a REALLY stupid question (I'm embarresed to ask... icon_redface.gif )

How do you all make the frosting to look like flowers and to sya on the cupcake in those angles....ugh, mine come out all goopy and messy. Help!

Steph2325 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steph2325 Posted 9 May 2007 , 12:34am
post #6 of 29

Not stupid! I PM'd you with instructions I read previously. Use a 1M tip and use your wrist, not your whole arm. (the petals look more real that way)

Easy peasy lemon squeezy (as my 7 year old daughter would say).

Good luck and post a pic when you're done!

Steph

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:03am
post #7 of 29

Lybby...only leave an inch or so of your stick poking thru the top of your styrofoam ball. I actually had really long ones, and cut them into thirda...they were only a few inches long. You only really need about an inch or a little more to hold your cupcake on. Don't leave enough sticking out of the ball to go all the way thru!

Lybby2000 Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:25am
post #8 of 29

OOHHHH icon_redface.gif thanks jen... I must have missed that step when reading the directions!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:30am
post #9 of 29

I'm not sure that was in the instructions! I made one, and tried different lengths!

Lybby2000 Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:30am
post #10 of 29

OOHHHH icon_redface.gif thanks jen... I must have missed that step when reading the directions!

itsajeepthing0196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsajeepthing0196 Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:31am
post #11 of 29

what a cute idea!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:40am
post #12 of 29

these are wonderful, I have done them 4 different ways already including in a chinese takeout box... didn't think of the michaels box... I assume you used the square foams? They look great. I did one for DD's teacher tomorrow, she only goes to PreK 3 times per week.... so even though today was the official day, she can celebrate tomorrow icon_smile.gif Great spin on these bouquets, gotta love CAMBO, can't wait to see the tutorial icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:43am
post #13 of 29

save icon_smile.gif

THESUGARCOW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THESUGARCOW Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:49am
post #14 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lybby2000

THANK YOU CAMBO!!! These ended up being a huge hit! My sons teachers started off down the hall showing them off! icon_smile.gif Silly Girls!!

The only problem I had was that the lollypop sticks went straight through the cupcakes so I had to attach toothpicks in a "X" pattern about an inch down the stick to keep them from sliding all the way down--anyone know how to handle this problem?

hi well im doing right now some teddy bears for the teachers too....but you know?
i feel like ....should i make for the gym teachers ,art teachers and so for?
or just the regular teachers...i do know i feel bad ..but lazy to make so many ah? icon_redface.gif
and your cupcakes are so cute!

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:54am
post #15 of 29

OKAY - I have a question - I am also making these for my bakery but how do you wrap/transport them? so far i have just been able to come up with "you will just have to carry them to your car and hold them" I can not figure out some way to wrap them without messing them up

Lybby2000 Posted 9 May 2007 , 2:06am
post #16 of 29

maisza-
DS just goes to preschool 2x a week and I just made them for his 2 teachers--I wouldn't make them for everyone...maybe if you wanted to do something nice, just a little note/card would do the trick...

tdybear1978-
I put these 2 in one of my square cakepans to transport them and just took them out when I got to the school to pick him up--but I told his teachers when I dropped them off, "I don't know how you all are supposed to get them home so don't ask! icon_smile.gif"... they laughed and said they probably wouldn't be able to get them out of the building anyway! icon_smile.gif

They really appreciated it--everytime I bring anything in to school they go on and on, "You could do this for a living!" "You could make so much money out of your own kitchen!" They are so sweet and I would like to do it, but I just don't have the self confidence yet I dont' think...

olana11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olana11 Posted 9 May 2007 , 2:51am
post #17 of 29

Ok, I know I'm chiming in late here but these are AWESOME------can I have some instructions??????

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 9 May 2007 , 2:56am
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by olana11

Ok, I know I'm chiming in late here but these are AWESOME------can I have some instructions??????

Ditto! They are soo cute! I just don't understand how the skewer/stick does not come through?!?!?!?! icon_cool.gif

terabera69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terabera69 Posted 9 May 2007 , 3:40am
post #19 of 29

Is there a tutorial on these things? I need to try one out. Is it hard to keep them from falling off of the sticks?

mom2c-m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2c-m Posted 9 May 2007 , 4:43am
post #20 of 29

You guys need to check out this link. It's 14+ pages long and has more info added daily. http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-260083.html

Cambo has submitted a tutorial, but it hasn't come out yet.

terabera69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terabera69 Posted 9 May 2007 , 4:55am
post #21 of 29

Thank you. I can't wait to try one tomorrow. It is so late, but I just love this website. Ideas just start rollin' and can't get to sleep. I must be crazy.
When using the "cup" method, what type of plastic plate can you staple cups onto and how???

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 9 May 2007 , 12:44pm
post #22 of 29

Those are so cute!

manderfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manderfrog Posted 9 May 2007 , 12:59pm
post #23 of 29

Those are so cute! I think I might try them for my child's teachers tonight! Thanks for the inspiration! thumbs_up.gif

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:00pm
post #24 of 29

These are so cute. Just gave me a great idea for my son's teachers! icon_smile.gif

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:02pm
post #25 of 29

Oh, they turned out great! I'm so glad it worked. I was scared for the icing staying on the slant most of all!

Can't wait for the tutorial! Feel free to PM me instructions in the meantime!

gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:10pm
post #26 of 29

There is going to be a tutorial from Cambo, I think she originated these with the tip 1M, I now have done 3 they are in my photos and I also did mine for teacher appreciation week and they all LOVED it!!! The principal thought I was joking that I made them, she asked "really, did you get them at Incredible Edibles". ha ha

Cambo sent in her tutorial to CC on how to make them, great tutorial I might add, she sent it to me and it was very detailed and had photos and great instructions. I want to hug her for her help!!!!! These are so much fun and easy, I just wish I could ship them, my mom would love it, so I just sent her an email that said "scratch n sniff"

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:14pm
post #27 of 29

They look beautiful! congrats.
i saw all those supplies yesterday while i was in the store. i can't wait to give this a try, just gotta find the right person who would appreciate them. my family seems to think it's silly to waste so much cake on doing new things. icon_twisted.gif

Lybby2000 Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:17pm
post #28 of 29

Yes.... Just to be clear---CAMBO is the originator of these (at least the one that I got the idea from)... my title might be a little misleading (I should have caught that icon_eek.gif ) but these are just the ones that I did--therefore they are "My Cupcake Bouquets", not my idea... KWIM? Sorry Cambo!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 9 May 2007 , 1:23pm
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lybby2000

Yes.... Just to be clear---CAMBO is the originator of these (at least the one that I got the idea from)... my title might be a little misleading (I should have caught that icon_eek.gif ) but these are just the ones that I did--therefore they are "My Cupcake Bouquets", not my idea... KWIM? Sorry Cambo!

Lybby2000 - no need to apologize....I'm glad everyone is jumping on the band wagon for these! Your bouquets look wonderful....love the whimsicalness of them! Great job!

Gingersoave....I looked in your photos....those bouquets are AWESOME!

Folks, I submitted the tutorial a few days ago (over the weekend) so I'm not sure when CC is going to post it. If you look on the other thread (I think it's up to 14 pages now) there are lots of suggestions for packaging and I just posted a recent idea that I would like to try for packaging! Here's the link......
http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=260083&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%