Picture Of My First Wedding Cake Consult

Business By squarepair Updated 10 May 2007 , 1:49pm by NickyA

squarepair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squarepair Posted 8 May 2007 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 9

So here is how I set up for my first tasting. It was with one bride. I did decide that I didn't like the texture of the mini-muffins so for my one I had yesterday I made a 6 inch cake with 3 layers each a different flavor, then cut her a piece and she spooned on the different fillings. Then I sent her home with the rest and a small cup of each filling. Seems like a lot of work but I guess if you close the deal it is worth it. I feel like I am completely flying by the seat of my pants though, I really had no idea what I was doing!!
LL

8 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 9

What a pretty setup!

Don't worry, after you do a few of them you will have it down to a science icon_smile.gif

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 8 May 2007 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 9

Very nice setup.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 8 May 2007 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 9

Oh, to have a nice new kitchen like you have! icon_smile.gif

So, did you hear from the bride yet? Did you get the order????

squarepair Posted 8 May 2007 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 9

Still up in the air on this first one. She wants to try a couple other fillings and wants her fiance to try them. Oh well, she is our neighbors fiance. 26 and her first wedding. I think she didn't know how new to the biz that I was and there may be some concern there for her. I would probably feel the same way. Their reception is at the DC Hilton Embassy. The second bride though we are a go. Still have to iron out a couple decorative things though. She is older and been married before, She was way more laid back!!

Kristin

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 8 May 2007 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 9

Congratulations on having your first tasting under your belt. Other are right...once you have a few under your belt, they'll become second nature. You have a lovely table set. Presentation is important. You have that nailed. Great job and good luck on landing this bride as a wedding client!!! Let us know...

Amy icon_biggrin.gif

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 8 May 2007 , 10:11pm
post #7 of 9

good luck.

squarepair Posted 8 May 2007 , 10:16pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks Amy, Thank goodness for Home Goods, I love that store and their $4.99 things!! I was happy I got this bride as my phone conversation with her I felt went terrible. I learned a lesson from that as well, let the voice mail pick up if I am not in the mode. DH and I laughed so hard about my conversation afterwards that we were both crying!! It was one of those where the voice inside your head is yelling, shut up, quit talking icon_biggrin.gif I talked to 2 clients after that and things went much better, so I thought maybe I can do this afterall. So my confidence has gone from the size of a microrganism to maybe a pin tip, woohoo!!

Kristin

NickyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NickyA Posted 10 May 2007 , 1:49pm
post #9 of 9

Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%