Did I Do The Right Thing?

Decorating By APCakes Updated 10 Jun 2005 , 4:34am by debsuewoo

APCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APCakes Posted 12 May 2005 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there! I either need some reassurance or some strong chastising! I did my sister's wedding cake (my first wedding cake) a couple of months ago, and it turned out just as I had hoped (she loved it), but I am still agonizing over one thing... That week, worst of all possible timing, I got the flu! (I haven't had the flu since I was 14, I still can't believe the horrible luck). I baked the cakes on Wednesday. On Thursday I started feeling sick, feverish, and the works. But what would you do? I felt stuck. This was my sister's big day, and I couldn't just not do it. But besides the fact that I felt miserable, most of all I didn't want to get anyone sick. So I covered up my face by tying a bandanna around my face to cover up my mouth and nose, and I washed my hands at least a million times. No one got sick, but did I do the right thing??? I don't know what I would do if that happened again.
Please help - Thanks!!

4 replies
marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 12 May 2005 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 5

Well, when you have a deadline to meet whatcha supposed to do? I'm doing the same thing right now. I have had bronchitis for over 3 weeks and have a cake to do for tomorrow. I too am washing my hands a gazillion times and not breathing on anything!! LOL

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 12 May 2005 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 5

I've been in the same situation with that big golf cake I made that fed over 200 people. I was washing my hands constantly, wearing gloves, covered my face with a mask... When you have a commitment and a deadline, there's not much you can do but take it easy and do your best to protect what you're working on. You did what you could do! I wouldn't worry about it anymore. I know there's nothing to prevent the flu or a bad cold but I'm just surprised you had the energy to finish it. Good job!!!

Amy

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 12 May 2005 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 5

Bless your heart. Don't be so hard on yourself. You did what you had to do. You took every precaution that there was to take. What else could you have done? Nothing in my opinion.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 4:34am
post #5 of 5

You know, whether it's decorating a cake or taking care of your kids, you do what you can and hope for the best. No one got sickand your sister loved her cake. Hope you aren't kicking yourself anymore!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%