Sugar Free... Need Help

Decorating By MissLady85 Updated 8 May 2007 , 12:57am by MissLady85

MissLady85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLady85 Posted 7 May 2007 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a recipe for a sugar free chocolate cake and any sugar free icing?? A guy in my office is Diabetic and my boss asked me to do a cake for his b-day since she cant find one a local store... please help me... his b-day is WED!!! Thanks much

7 replies
Chickwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chickwood Posted 7 May 2007 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 8

I am not sure if they have Baker's Grocery stores in Texas (they are owned by Dillions) but I was able to buy a Sweet N Low Sugar Free Cake Mix at the local Baker's store here. They also have Sweet N Low Sugar Free Frosting/Icing Mix.

My dad is an insulin dependent diabetic and he was able to eat both of these. I made him the white cake with strawberries in the middle and vanilla frosting on top. I was not wild about the flavor of the white cake mix but he loved it. He has been a diabetic for over 25 years so I am not sure if he remembers what it is suppose to taste like icon_wink.gif . The white frosting came out the consistency of White Fluffy frosting and tasted very close to it, so you won't be doing much decorating with it. The cake mix also seemed to make a smaller cake than I am used to so you may want a box per layer.

I have not tried any other flavor but the white cake; however, I have been think about trying the chocolate. I think it is great that you are going to make a sugar free cake for your co-worker!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 7 May 2007 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 8

Another option for icing is whipped cream with just a little Splenda. It won't do much more than pipe a border, but it tastes great.

MissLady85 Posted 8 May 2007 , 12:11am
post #4 of 8

No we dont have a bakers grocery store here...

anyone have a recipe for a sugar free chocolate cake?? im sooo desperate here.....

for icing can i just whip some heavy wipping cream and add a little splenda or sweet n low and top the cake with fresh fruit??

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 8 May 2007 , 12:21am
post #5 of 8

I have not tried this specific cake, but I have done other recipes off of the Splenda website, and had good results.

http://splenda.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Recipe.aspx?nprid=106806

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 8 May 2007 , 12:21am
post #6 of 8

You can find recipes by searching Google.

I found this one on Splenda's website:

http://splenda.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Recipe.aspx?nprid=106806

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 8 May 2007 , 12:31am
post #7 of 8

WHIPPED ICING WITH SPLEANDA LOOKS LIKE GOOD WAY TO DO SUGAR FREE ICING. I HAVE DONE IT WITH MY CAKES AND SURE IT WORKS GOOD! EVEN IF YOU ICI THE CAKE WITH IT .IT TASTES GOOD ACCORDING TO ME

MissLady85 Posted 8 May 2007 , 12:57am
post #8 of 8

that is great... thanks to everyone for all the help (id be lost with out you)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%