Where Do You Buy Your Cake Boards Foil Cover??

Decorating By monnitas0808 Updated 8 May 2007 , 3:31pm by lilytexas

monnitas0808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monnitas0808 Posted 7 May 2007 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 8

I have been looking everywhere to purchase that silver foil paper that you wrap your cake boards in...but haven't been able to icon_cry.gif I went to Michaels and I only found one for about 25ft and it was $8.00 I think that is way to expensive. I know I can find something cheaper. Can anyone add their links I tried papermart but can't seem to pinpoint where it is. Your help will be truly appreciate it!! Thanks.

7 replies
monnitas0808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monnitas0808 Posted 8 May 2007 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 8

Helluuuu..

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 8

you can also use wrapping paper.

mullett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mullett Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 8

I use just about anything to wrap my boards. But I get the foil stuff from a Floral Supply Store. Try there. Hope this helps.

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 8

If you do use wrapping paper, be sure to cover it with clear contact paper to avoid grease stains. Some people also use florist foil, which comes in larger rolls. But be aware that neither florist foil nor contact paper is technically considered food-safe.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 8

OK.. I wrap my boards mostly in freezer paper... they have it at walmart near the foil and stuff... it is made by reynolds. It is nice because it is white and you can wipe off any icing you get on it. You can see it on my boards in my pics. I sometimes use wrapping paper or plastic table cloths from the $ tree depending on the theme..... my boards I have bought off line but found a place here they can order them in bulk!

lilytexas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilytexas Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:28pm
post #7 of 8

I buy mine at www.cakedeco.com

lilytexas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilytexas Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:31pm
post #8 of 8

I buy mine at www.cakedeco.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%