Just A Little Upset...

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 11 May 2007 , 12:37am by SueW

kylielam2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kylielam2005 Posted 8 May 2007 , 1:57pm
post #61 of 73

Some people have no idea about respect!! 6am is disgusting!! What a selfish so & so!! Like my neighbour who takes her dog out for a short walk (in her nighty) at 11pm every single bloody night so it can s*** on other peoples lawns, bark madly & LOUDLY & wake us all!!I can't believe such people can sleep at night!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 May 2007 , 2:16pm
post #62 of 73

I met a lady last week who operates an etiquette school for kids (up to 18 years old). I told her I knew some 30 year olds who needed to attend! She has invited me to speak at one of her workshops .... I think I will share this story!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:13pm
post #63 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylielam2005

Some people have no idea about respect!! 6am is disgusting!! What a selfish so & so!! Like my neighbour who takes her dog out for a short walk (in her nighty) at 11pm every single bloody night so it can s*** on other peoples lawns, bark madly & LOUDLY & wake us all!!I can't believe such people can sleep at night!

I used to have a neighbor who would walk their dog, just so they wouldn't have to clean it up from their own yard. It always went in my front yard, we didn't have a dog at that time. After it would go in our yard, I'd get out my shovel and toss it back in to their yard. it only took a few times before they got the hint - nothing else had worked before that.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 8 May 2007 , 3:57pm
post #64 of 73

I have a policy I learned from a co-worker a long time ago - if you don't call first I don't answer the door.

I'm alone here when my husband is at work and if someone rings the doorbell I don't answer.

At 6am there is no way I'm going to answer the door. She would still be standing there with her bags.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:17pm
post #65 of 73

I still say if ya don't want em to ever come to the door again that early......just answer in yer chonies with messy hair n scratchin yer butt.......I bet they will never call that early in the morning again. mua ha ha teehee!!!

Janette Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:33pm
post #66 of 73

If I did that they would never call again ever. icon_surprised.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:44pm
post #67 of 73

nah.... I'm tellin' ya .... those kind of people NEVER take even obvious hints!

Janette Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:52pm
post #68 of 73

dar, your neighbor should learn to walk his dog at night so no one can see him icon_razz.gif

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 8 May 2007 , 4:56pm
post #69 of 73

hehehehe lol indy

azterp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azterp Posted 8 May 2007 , 5:02pm
post #70 of 73

I can't believe she had the nerve to ask like that - 6 am or 6 pm!

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 11 May 2007 , 12:14am
post #71 of 73

Oh my goodness, all of my cc friends in the South are just sooo polite.

Here in New Jersey we don't take kindly to anyone knocking on our doors at 6am. After a request like that we just snatch up our cell phones,(yes we always have them on us) call Carrier Clinic (local mental hospital) and kindly say-"one of your inmates has left your clinic, she is here on my doorstep having delusions about cake baking, please come immediately and pick her up!"

or

If one lives in northern NJ-we respond with "Not for nothing BUT you guys must know I don't make any cakes for anyone who wakes me up at 6am. Have a nice day!"

Seriously though, this could not be the first time she has made unreasonable requests, and she is probably used to people saying "no"-it's just to her way of thinking it is worth asking-just in case someone will actually help her out.

MamaBerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaBerry Posted 11 May 2007 , 12:20am
post #72 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by funcakes

Oh my goodness, all of my cc friends in the South are just sooo polite.

Here in New Jersey we don't take kindly to anyone knocking on our doors at 6am. After a request like that we just snatch up our cell phones,(yes we always have them on us) call Carrier Clinic (local mental hospital) and kindly say-"one of your inmates has left your clinic, she is here on my doorstep having delusions about cake baking, please come immediately and pick her up!"

or

If one lives in northern NJ-we respond with "Not for nothing BUT you guys must know I don't make any cakes for anyone who wakes me up at 6am. Have a nice day!"

Seriously though, this could not be the first time she has made unreasonable requests, and she is probably used to people saying "no"-it's just to her way of thinking it is worth asking-just in case someone will actually help her out.

Spoken like a true Jersey girl. I hope my assumption is right, if not, I'm sorry.

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 11 May 2007 , 12:37am
post #73 of 73

I would have said no also, that was very nervy of her!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%