I Can't Make The Color "camel"!

Decorating By jill27 Updated 7 May 2007 , 3:17pm by jill27

jill27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jill27 Posted 7 May 2007 , 2:56am
post #1 of 5

does anyone know which colors i can mix to make the color "camel"? i've played with different colors for about 2 days now and nothing is working. icon_sad.gif i've tried using brown and yellow but its not capturing the "gold" undertones. can anyone help please?

4 replies
ailyn222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailyn222 Posted 7 May 2007 , 3:04am
post #2 of 5

Americolor has a color called warm brown and if you add just a hint of the Americolor 'gold' it comes pretty close to camel. You might just be able to get away with using the warm brown.

jill27 Posted 7 May 2007 , 5:13am
post #3 of 5

thanks ailynn222!

i did purchase the warm brown AC but it turned my fondant an orangy color : ( i'm gonna call the cake shop tommarro to see if they carry the gold.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 7 May 2007 , 11:28am
post #4 of 5

Keep playing. That's how I mix colors! I usually mix colored frostings, not add color to the frosting I'm trying to make. I'd take some white frosting, add some (not much) brown frosting (not brown coloring). You'd get some sort of tan. Then add some yellow frosting (not yellow colorig), etc., if it's too dark, add more white frosting.

jill27 Posted 7 May 2007 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 5

thanks linda, but i'm running out of time, lol! i need to figure this out within the day. i just called the cake shop and they have the AC gold, yea! hope that does the trick!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%