Country Western Wedding Cake

Decorating By candocakes Updated 7 Jun 2006 , 10:20pm by leta

candocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candocakes Posted 30 May 2006 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 7

I need some clever ideas for a country western boot scoot'n boogie wedding. It's an outdoor wedding. The guys are wearing black jeans w/ tux jacket and black cowboy hats. I don't know if that helps a lot. It's not real, real formal. I'm thinking maybe a whimsical western cake. "help"

6 replies
klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 30 May 2006 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 7

there is a really cute bandana and blue jeans cake in the gallery, look under theme cakes and then country western - christyb made that specific cake but there are other out there too.

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 30 May 2006 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 7

Oh, I will give you an idea I had for someone who ended up cancelling their order. I was going to do a cowhide pattern Black and white for the top layer. then make a belt to go around and a cool silver belt buckle with a horse or something. The belt would be a fondant strip(like ribbon) with stitching design or leather tooling design. Then maybe some rope border (piped or fondant ropes). Then you could do maybe a white and a brown stetson for bride and groom. Maybe choc icing on the bottom layer with some cacti around the side either piped or fondant, or paint the sides to look like a landscape with desert and sky, or something, maybe a longhorn skull made of gumpaste or fondant, maybe with a rose coming out of the eye socket, (or not, ha ha).

I will attach a picture for inspiration from the OKlahoma sugar art show. Love the bandana effect Just awesome!! The marbled fondant is cool too.
LL

skylightsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skylightsky Posted 31 May 2006 , 12:08am
post #4 of 7

There is a wonderful cake, fondant covered, wish I could locate the picture.

I think it was in one of Martha Stewart Weddings, or in a bridal magazine... about two years ago... every once in a while in pops up again... I think it was a Ben Israel cake, but maybe not because it wasn't quite his flowery style.

This was chic for country. I know someone reading this will know this cake.

Absolutely gorgeous!

candocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candocakes Posted 31 May 2006 , 1:28am
post #5 of 7

Thank you all so much. The wheels in my head are turning already. I like the cow hide idea and the belt....Thanks again. thumbs_up.gif

leta Posted 31 May 2006 , 6:30am
post #6 of 7

Just saw this on another thread. cool idea.

http://www.acakeforallseasons.com/bride_005.html

leta Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 10:20pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%