How Do I Make Purple?????grapes???

Decorating By monnitas0808 Updated 6 May 2007 , 4:17am by ShirleyW

monnitas0808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monnitas0808 Posted 6 May 2007 , 2:02am
post #1 of 2

Hey everyone!! Thanks for taking your time to read. I could really use your advice....I have to do some grapes and I just saw that I don't have my violet luster dust!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking of painting them with purple color paste from wilton...then lightly brushing them with midnightblue luster dust just to give them a shine. What do you guys think?? Any other suggestions?? PLEASE!!!!!!!

1 reply
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 6 May 2007 , 4:17am
post #2 of 2

Here are a couple of ideas, first of all the gumpaste grapes (color the gumpaste a pale purple with paste or gel color) I make are wired individually with a hooked floral wire, let them dry till hard, color and then tape together in a cluster with floral tape. But, I color them individually as well. Put a fair amount of Royal Purple petal dust in a shallow bowl, hold the grape by the wired stem and dip into the dry dust, roll around so it covers completely, then tap the grape against the side of the bowl to remove the excess dust, stick the wired grape into a block of styrofoam till you have them all done, then tape each wire with green floral tape and then tape them together in a cluster and steam them over boiling water to set the color. If you want a really deep color, mix purple airbrush liquid with a little Everclear or vodka, pour it into a fairly tall, narrow glass, about 1/4 full and hold the grapes by the wire and dip them in the liquid one at a time. Shake off the excess liquid and stick them in foam to dry, then tape singly and together as a cluster. They don't have to be steamed when they are dipped in airbrush color, just let them dry and if you decide you want some shine brush them with a little Crisco on a dry paint brush.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%