I Met My Childhood Crush!!!!

Lounge By dodibug Updated 18 Jul 2006 , 4:00pm by dodibug

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 28 May 2006 , 2:57am
post #1 of 61

And I almost died!!! I met Shaun Cassidy!!! Shook his hand and eveything. My dh and in-laws thought I was insane for having a fit. So there we were, me, dh, ds, m-i-l, f-i-l, back in Louisiana for dh's graduation from dental school (yeah!!) and we decided to stop by the French Quarter and get beignets at Cafe du Monde. My little one started playing with another little boy and I exchanged pleasentries with the dad (how old? Oh what a big boy, etc) well my ds was trying to steal the other kid's toy so I returned it to the dad and when I looked at him I almost died. I said "you look exactly like Shaun Cassidy" and he said "yep, that's me." He was very nice, shook my hand.
Now, had it been Rick Springfield, NOPD would still be trying to pull me off the poor man icon_twisted.gif

So, who was your first celebrity crush???

60 replies
Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 28 May 2006 , 3:03am
post #2 of 61

Good for you dodi! Was he looking okay to you, I take it? icon_lol.gif How is the French Quarter looking? Or the rest of NO for that matter? My 14 month old has discovered zydeco music and she just LOVES it, it's so funny.

Hmm....first crush? I think mine was SC, actually.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 28 May 2006 , 3:17am
post #3 of 61

OMG YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Hardy Boys poster in my closet right now! LOL! I bought the Hardy Boys DVD last year, and it came with a poster, and I put it up for fun. Every once in awhile I kiss it while DH is looking, just to be a dork... I had a Shaun Cassidy shirt, lunch box, records...

dodibug Posted 28 May 2006 , 3:17am
post #4 of 61

He looked ok, not like when I was ten and got SC jeans, t-shirt and red satin SC jacket for Christmas. Aaahh, all the proof a poor kid needed that Santa did exist. I was just so happy to meet a celeb who at least used to be A-list. I'm all about meet the B-listers (Flickerstick from VH-1's bands on the run, saw Angelina Jolie's brother in the quarter once, Jackie Mason in NYC-told ya' can't catch an A-list break tosave my life icon_lol.gif )

The Quarter was sad-lots of stuff closed or closed for good. They are trying but it will be quite a while before it's back to normal. We visited our old duplex-it's completely gutted, the yard is overgrown, a huge tree is still down in the backyard and my poor car is still sitting there. And get this-the city tried to charge me for water and trash pick-up!! If they can prove they came to try to pick up garbage in my neighborhood, I'll pay and include interest!! icon_mad.gif It's very sad to see my old neighborhood. There were truly beautiful family homes that are just ruined.

A friend of ours gave us a cajun music for kids cd that my son loves. it tells a whole story of the cajun people and music between each of the songs. His favorite is Sugar Bee.

Ohhh, I loved Andy Gibb too before I discovered my next husband, mr. springfield-heehee.

Zamode Posted 28 May 2006 , 3:27am
post #5 of 61

I'm sorry that your old hometown is not what it used to be. It hasn't even been a year yet and by just what I see on television, it's going to be years.

What is the name of the cd? My brother likes Buckwheat Zydeco so I went on Amazon looking for some of his cd's. Guessing he's okay for kids, I don't know! icon_lol.gif Even I'm starting to like it! I was going to take her to the Crawfish Fest next weekend but I have my Colette Peters workshop!

Btw SC was probably the first & last "bubble gum" crush--then I moved on to the bad boy rockers. icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

dodibug Posted 28 May 2006 , 3:45am
post #6 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gifts4Lisa

Every once in awhile I kiss it while DH is looking, just to be a dork.

icon_lol.gif I tell my son when is see rick springfield on tv "can you say new daddy?" in front of my husband to bug him!

Zamode-I'll ask my hubby in the am about the name of the cd (I can't think of it to save my life right now) and buckwheat. He's the music guru in the house so he'll know if it would be good for the little one! Poor man has been sick all day with a stomach bug-eeewww! ds has had it too. I managed to escape with just about 12 hours of being sickly.
I was a New Orleans transplant (lived there about 5 yrs). but it's still hard to see a whole way of life virtually gone.

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 28 May 2006 , 4:30am
post #7 of 61

mine was.....Scott Baio!! icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

edited to say ...oh yeah John Schnieder...from Dukes of Hazzard.....he was my bigger crush!!!

Zamode Posted 28 May 2006 , 4:35am
post #8 of 61

Dodi I hope DH & DS are feeling better! I think Buckwheat is okay, the sound bytes sounded alright. Trying to get her on tape wiggling her butt to it but she doesn't work on command apparently. icon_lol.gif Found another decent one on the NO satellite station, Beau Jocque I think his name was.

Twinsy your avatar kills me! icon_lol.gif So who did you move up to since Scott Baio? icon_razz.gif

twinsline7 Posted 28 May 2006 , 4:40am
post #9 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Twinsy your avatar kills me! icon_lol.gif So who did you move up to since Scott Baio? icon_razz.gif

you mean American Idols...Chris??? you all laugh...but you'll see one day I'll have him!!!

But Id pass him up in a heart beat for That guy from that movie Tristan and Isolde....boy oh boy is he hot!!

(thanks zamode....this avatar is so much better than looking at myself every time I post!!!...maybe I'll put the boys back up theyre cute to look at too!)

Zamode Posted 28 May 2006 , 4:47am
post #10 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

you mean American Idols...Chris??? you all laugh...but you'll see one day I'll have him!!!

But Id pass him up in a heart beat for That guy from that movie Tristan and Isolde....boy oh boy is he hot!!

I wasn't implying Chris, I'd actually forgotten! icon_eek.gif Where's ge to counterswipe that remark?

Hmm, what dude are you talking about, haven't seen the movie?

Sorry Dodibug, are we taking over your thread!? icon_redface.gif

twinsline7 Posted 28 May 2006 , 4:51am
post #11 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Sorry Dodibug, are we taking over your thread!? icon_redface.gif

Im sorry....I tend to do this...greta now without ge here I cnat balme her.....!!!

ok I'll give it back sorry.....

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 28 May 2006 , 9:53am
post #12 of 61

I didn't really have a celeb. crush on anyone but I did meet all the Back Street Boys and their mothers before they became famous icon_smile.gif I was at work in a hospital in Augusta Georgia and I heard this nice singing coming from inside the hospital. I followed the sound and found them singing acapella to the babies in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). Their mothers were waiting for them out in the waiting/viewing room so I stayed in there talking to them. They said that they had come up from Orlando Florida to go to the different radio stations promoting their sons. I told them that they were very good. The mothers gave me a few Demo tapes and posters. When the Back Street Boys were finished singing they came out and I had all of them sign one of the posters. I knew then that they would make it some day because they were just so good. Unfortunately after they did make it big I think they lost a lot of that innocent charm that they had.

Another one that I'm sure no one will know is a person named Billy Forester. When I moved to Southern California from Georgia we met and dated. The first date we had he told me that he played a character called "Flabber" on a kids show called "Big Bad Beetleborgs". Unfortunately I Wasn't impressed because I had never heard of the show before. I Watched it once after we were dating and again wasn't very impressed LOL I think the main reason he liked and wanted to stay with me was because I Wasn't impressed on the fact that he was on a television show. However, I ended the relationship because I needed stability in my life at the time and he was in no way stable with his career. I googled him and found that he has done a few more things since then and I do wish him well icon_smile.gif

Sorry for rambling
Lazy_Susan

P.S. I sold the Back Street Boys poster on Ebay for $200 icon_biggrin.gif And unfortunately lost the demo tapes icon_sad.gif

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 28 May 2006 , 12:55pm
post #13 of 61

My first crush was Donny Osmond--everything purple in my closet. Then he moved over for Shaun Cassidy. My sister had a crush on David Cassidy. We were convinced that we were going to marry them.

I don't have crushes now that I'm over 40--I guess they call them fantasies. LOL!!! The new cutie that I like to see is Matthew McConnahey (spell??? and he's from Longview and I can't even spell his name). He reminds me alot of a young Paul Newman.

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 28 May 2006 , 1:55pm
post #14 of 61

Um...Twinsy...did you say...Scott Baio???? Trying really hard to keep my mouth shut on that one!!!!!!! tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

Okay, my crush was & still is Matt Dillion!! Oh....& no laughing, but I've developed a crush on Jeff Probst from Survivor icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

monstersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monstersmom Posted 28 May 2006 , 1:57pm
post #15 of 61

It's funny you should ask that question, my DH has been teasing me for a week since we went to see Rick Springfield in concert. Yes, Rick Springfield was (still is) my teenage crush. I instantly became 16 again at his concert, soooo much fun! I even got a t-shirt.

I may be 34, but I think I still wet myself if I ever met him.

dodibug Posted 28 May 2006 , 4:53pm
post #16 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstersmom

t's funny you should ask that question, my DH has been teasing me for a week since we went to see Rick Springfield in concert. Yes, Rick Springfield was (still is) my teenage crush. I instantly became 16 again at his concert, soooo much fun! I even got a t-shirt.

I may be 34, but I think I still wet myself if I ever met him.

Aaaahhhh! I just saw him in April and got to touch him when he was close enough. I am convinced I would wet myself too! I told my dh when I left for the concert if I didn't come home he'd know where I was-with r.s. or in jail for trying to get close to him!! I honestly don't know what it is about that man but since I was 12.....

Zamode-dh said buckwheat doesn't have anything bad on it and the name of the cd is Papillon by Papillon. He said it's on Amazon.

twinsline7 Posted 28 May 2006 , 10:59pm
post #17 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

Um...Twinsy...did you say...Scott Baio???? Trying really hard to keep my mouth shut on that one!!!!!!! tapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

Okay, my crush was & still is Matt Dillion!! Oh....& no laughing, but I've developed a crush on Jeff Probst from Survivor icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

HEY we're talking about when I was like 14!!! I have to say though my biggest biggest crush was River Phoenix!!!

And had I know that fat vern from Stand By Me would've turned out to be such a hot Jerry O'Connell.....Id been all over that twinkie cupcake eating boy!!

my crush now is definitely that guy from that Tristan and Isolde movie....he was also in Spiderman...he was the son of the green goblin! .....I'd be torn between him, Ben Affleck and Josh Hartnett....

and ge...I dare you....I DARE you to try and take Ben..... icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

monstersmom Posted 29 May 2006 , 12:24am
post #18 of 61
Quote:
Quote:

Aaaahhhh! I just saw him in April and got to touch him when he was close enough. I am convinced I would wet myself too! I told my dh when I left for the concert if I didn't come home he'd know where I was-with r.s. or in jail for trying to get close to him!! I honestly don't know what it is about that man but since I was 12.....

YOU TOUCHED RICK SPRINGFIELD!!!! You are my idol! icon_lol.gif

twinsline7 Posted 29 May 2006 , 12:50am
post #19 of 61

How many of you started watching General Hospital because he came back????

come on ladies...fess up!

Zamode Posted 29 May 2006 , 1:18am
post #20 of 61

I think Rick should have his own thread based on his fans here!

Mac, I agree, Matthew McConaughey is a hottie!

Zamode Posted 29 May 2006 , 1:20am
post #21 of 61

Dodibug, thank you for the information. I might go with Buckwheat, I'll have to ask my bro if he has any of his cd's.

dodibug Posted 29 May 2006 , 1:21am
post #22 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstersmom

YOU TOUCHED RICK SPRINGFIELD!!!!

It wasn't exactly where I wanted to touch him icon_twisted.gif but I got to touch him anyway-got his sweat on my hand and everything! lol

um, and I may have watched gh a time or two recently......

Has anyone seen the movie waiting? Ryan Reynolds is in it and I think I love him too. He is in a scene with his shirt up icon_eek.gif is all I can say!!!

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 29 May 2006 , 11:13am
post #23 of 61

OMG...you lucky girl you!! I loved Shaun ...had a t-shirt with his picture on it. I still have a picture around here somewhere of me in it with my Dorothy Hamill hair cut. icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

But I would have to say my biggest crush as a child was.......ANDY GIBB!! tapedshut.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif Aw...how I still remember sitting in my room with my little portable 45 record player listening to my Andy. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Those were the days!! icon_lol.gif

Hugs, ~Denise

dodibug Posted 29 May 2006 , 3:20pm
post #24 of 61

icon_lol.gif I had a record player that was the "Disco Machine" icon_lol.gif The front looked like a disco floor and the colors lit up to the beat of the music! I played lots of Shaun and Andy on that!!

Zamode Posted 30 May 2006 , 3:00am
post #25 of 61

I still have 45's and vinyl albums, my daughter is going to grow up asking, "What are those?"

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 30 May 2006 , 3:35am
post #26 of 61

I loved Jon Bon Jovi!! and still do!!! I've always thought he was the hottest!!!

monstersmom Posted 30 May 2006 , 11:25am
post #27 of 61
Quote:
Quote:

It wasn't exactly where I wanted to touch him icon_twisted.gif but I got to touch him anyway-got his sweat on my hand and everything! lol

Have you washed that hand?LOL! And exactly where did you want to touch the love of my life? icon_confused.gif

As for General Hospital, I've watched forever and having Dr.Noah Drake back on staff is icing on the cake. Is it wrong that everytime Rick is on, I just want to lick his face? icon_razz.gif

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 31 May 2006 , 4:25pm
post #28 of 61

Ok, I'm probably dating myself here, but I was in love with Bobby Sherman, anyone remember "Here Comes The Brides". And Davy Jones from the Monkeys.

Mac Posted 31 May 2006 , 9:40pm
post #29 of 61

I do! I do! Hey, Hey, we're the Monkees...

I can even do the monkee walk! And as far as Bobby Sherman...dreamy!!!

Mac Posted 31 May 2006 , 9:41pm
post #30 of 61

I do! I do! Hey, Hey, we're the Monkees...

I can even do the monkee walk! And as far as Bobby Sherman...dreamy!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%