Ribbon On Cakes

Decorating By aandecakedesign Updated 5 May 2007 , 10:21pm by KoryAK

aandecakedesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandecakedesign Posted 5 May 2007 , 8:20am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know what is the best kind of ribbon to put about the bottom of cakes... I mainly use buttercream icing. I was told double faced silk but I was wondering what else is good. Its not easy finding a large selection of it for different colors. The lady at Micheals wasn't much of a help either. She said if I dont know what I'm looking for then she doesn't either. I don't know why she works there! Thank you for your help.

3 replies
mcjohnson7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcjohnson7 Posted 5 May 2007 , 10:31am
post #2 of 4

Sorry, I don't know but I just had to comment on how rude the "lady" at Michael's was with you. I have never had that kind of problem with our local Michael's. You just can't get good help these days. What if we treated our customers that way? Do you have a Hancock's or other Fabric store near you? They may be able to help.

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 5 May 2007 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 4

You can use any ribbon you want if you line it with wax paper. Just use double sided tape to secure the wax paper to the ribbon.

I will say I hard a hard time with the ribbon that has wire in it to make loops hold there shape.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 May 2007 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 4

Any ribbon you want, though I hate wired unless I need standing loops. I like to spray mine down with Pam before attaching it. It just gets a little deeper in shade and it won't get splotchy from grease.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%