Help!! Need Advice About Strawberry Mousse Filling

Baking By Maudrey74 Updated 26 Oct 2011 , 7:33pm by Becadoc

Maudrey74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maudrey74 Posted 26 May 2006 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone Made a cake with the Strawberry mousse filling recipe Posted Here and not refrigerated it? I have a cake that is due tomorrow and they requested a strawberry mousse filling, but I don't want to have to put it in the frige.... any advice or substitues for the whipping cream? I saw someone suggested bettercream where do I buy these at?

4 replies
ozzynjojo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozzynjojo Posted 26 May 2006 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 5

What I do is, buy Pastry Pride a Non-dairy whipping cream. Whip it up then add your strawberry filling or add any type of fruit filling or filling sleeves that you get from any bakery supply. I was taught after you ice the cake its okay to leave the cake out and not refrigerate.

Hope that helps....

Michelle

Maudrey74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maudrey74 Posted 26 May 2006 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 5

So I could just substitute with Pastry Pride instead of the the whipping cream that the Strawberry mousse recipe calls for on this site and It would be ok to leave out of the fridge? Thanks for the quick response michelle.

ozzynjojo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozzynjojo Posted 26 May 2006 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 5

I'm not sure about the recipe on here, but at first I was using heavy whipping cream for my fillings, then I was having problems with it not whipping up right. So I asked one of the ladies at the bakery supply store what I was doing wrong and she told me that I should be using Pastry Pride. It whips up better and it doesn't have to be refrigerated after filling the cake. I was blown away and thought I have to try this. I did and never went back to the heavy whipping cream. I pretty sure you can substitute it, give it a try...........

Becadoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Becadoc Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 5

Ladies, I am going to be using pastry pride for the first time for a large cake and would like to try strawberry flavor in it. I can't find a recipe using pastry pride, though. Do I just add jello to the cream? Any recipes or tips you can share is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%