Wilton Spray On Color

Decorating By WannaBe Updated 2 Aug 2005 , 6:15pm by MrsMissey

WannaBe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WannaBe Posted 22 Oct 2004 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 2

I am baking a roasted pig cake for my daughter's luau. I got the idea from a web search. The person who baked this cake is truly talented. It actually looks like a roast pig. It is sculpted, four stacked layer cakes with a 7" cake for the neck and the doll skirt cake mold turned on its side for the head. Genius. Here's my question. The color is airbrushed - similar to your Turkey cake (also genius). I have made several stacked cakes successfully but never airbrushed anything. Can I use the Wilton spray on color for this. The colors used were brown, black and yellow. Since brown is not available in the spray, I thought about tinting the icing with cocoa and using yellow and black sprays to give it a baked look. What do you think? What's the best type of icing for something like this - buttercream? Also, what cake will hold up best to sculpting? I thought about a plain yellow cake. Really appreciate any input.

1 reply
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 2

This post was the only one made by "Wannabe" and no one replied icon_sad.gif I hope this did not discourage this member from making anymore posts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%