Where Did You Buy Elmo Cookie Cutter?

Decorating By Susan94 Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 8:04pm by bunnywiser

Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 4 May 2007 , 12:17pm
post #1 of 7

I went to ACMoore, Michaels and Party City and they didn't have Elmo cookie cutter. Where do I find one? I have an order and I need it! Do I have to order online? I was trying to avoid that for shipping costs.
Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 4 May 2007 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 7

I don't think I've ever seen an Elmo cutter at least not from the local shops in my area or on the internet sites I order from. I may be wrong but I would think either someone had one made or perhaps hand cut the dough.

I don't see why you couldn't use a large round cutter and decorate it from there if your just planning on doing his face

Susan94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan94 Posted 4 May 2007 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 7

I see in the cookies that are posted here have the raised eyes in it so it's not exactly using a round cookie cutter. I pm'd some of those people to see what they used to make the cookie. I don't know how to make my own shape. I even went to cookiecutters.com and couldn't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsmom

I don't think I've ever seen an Elmo cutter at least not from the local shops in my area or on the internet sites I order from. I may be wrong but I would think either someone had one made or perhaps hand cut the dough.

I don't see why you couldn't use a large round cutter and decorate it from there if your just planning on doing his face

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 7

Has anyone found it? I need it too...

If not here is a bump for me icon_biggrin.gif

mtaccts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtaccts Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 7

You can make your own from tagboard, lightweight cardboard, cake mix box, etc Find your picture online (google your image or whatever), scale it the desired size (4" or so works best) and print it out. Paste the picture on the cardboard and then cut out the shape. I cover mine in clear packing tape so you can get a bunch of uses out of them before you need to make new ones. Then once you've rolled out your dough to the desired thickness you can cut around your template with a sharp knife. Be careful not to drag the edge of the knife around or it will give the cookie a jagged edge. Bake, cool and frost icon_smile.gif If you need to make a bunch of cookies try to incorporate other shapes that you may already have cutters for - flowers, balloons, numbers, etc This will cut down on the number of cookies you'll have to cut out by hand.

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:40pm
post #6 of 7

Try Ebay if you decide to do the internet thing. I put in elmo cookie cutter and it came up with a cookie monster one but it could be made into elmo very easily. It was a full body one though not just the face.

bunnywiser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunnywiser Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 8:04pm
post #7 of 7

If you go to Google, click on "Images" at the top of the page. Then type in Elmo Cookie cutter in the search box. Pages of ideas come up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%