Prices On Chocolates For Weddings

Sugar Work By MeliCakes Updated 6 May 2007 , 2:55pm by candyladyhelen

MeliCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeliCakes Posted 4 May 2007 , 12:29am
post #1 of 9

I started making wedding favors and need help on pricing a mini teir chocolate. I attached the picture. What would people pay for this?

It takes alot of time and chocolate...

Thanks.
LL

8 replies
MelZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelZ Posted 4 May 2007 , 12:36am
post #2 of 9

I think you should base your price on the following:
Is it solid or filled?
How much does it weigh?
How much time do you have in each piece?
This is not an answer to your questions, but some things you should consider when setting a price?

Very cute by the way.

heavensgaits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavensgaits Posted 4 May 2007 , 12:38am
post #3 of 9

I'm sorry that I can't help you with pricing, but those are absolutely adorable! icon_biggrin.gif This will give you a bump too

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 4 May 2007 , 12:41am
post #4 of 9

It is cute but very vague. give a despription.

MeliCakes Posted 4 May 2007 , 4:02am
post #5 of 9

Well its solid chocolate and about 4 inches high. It takes me about 5 minutes to fill the mold and about 15 minutes to become solid.

MelZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelZ Posted 4 May 2007 , 9:48am
post #6 of 9

I did a quick Google search on chocolate wedding favors and found prices on regular chocolates between $18 - $20 per pound. The specialty items were between $3 - $7 each. You have to consider your time and product cost including packaging.

People are willing to pay more when it is for a wedding, but if you price it too high you won't get the order and if it's too low it not worth it for you. You've asked the question that many of us struggle with, what to charge.

I started my business 8 months ago and it is easier for me to price correctly now compared to when I started. I sell filled, hand painted chocolates by the box for $35 which equates to about $23 per pound. I would suggest that you make sure your product costs are covered and then add for some of your time and then go from there. Check to see if anyone else in your area offers similar products and also do an internet search.

Hope this helps.

MeliCakes Posted 4 May 2007 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks for the help. I think I am going with $6 per chocolate.

nattyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nattyk Posted 4 May 2007 , 4:16pm
post #8 of 9

They are adorable, where did you get the molds?

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 6 May 2007 , 2:55pm
post #9 of 9

I always weigh each piece. Then say it weighs 5 ounces. Then I know I can get 3 of them out of one pound of chocolate. Then I add on for difficulty of hand painting the chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%