Why Do Some Of You Not Comment On Your Favorite Photos?

Decorating By LittleLinda Updated 11 May 2007 , 9:25pm by Crimsicle

Novembercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Novembercakes Posted 3 May 2007 , 10:30pm
post #31 of 100

Hi all,

For me, I appreciate it when someone views my cakes (made them curious enough to want to look at it) or makes a nice comment on my cakes; and an added bonus when they put it in their favorites.

But, most of all the biggest compliment and accomplishment for me is when I can put a smile on a family member or a friends face when I create a cake for them...and when they ask me to make/create a cake for them because of what I've done already for them...they appreciate it the most, what more could anyone ask for! icon_biggrin.gif

Have a great day,
J

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 3 May 2007 , 10:31pm
post #32 of 100

I too, try to comment on all the photos I look at - especially the ones I have in my favs. I get so excited when I see in my email that there has been a comment added to my photo! I can't get into this site quick enough - call me an addict of positive reinforcement!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

The beauty of this site is getting ideas, pointers and inspiration!

THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO HAS EVER POSTED ANYTHING ON MY PHOTOS!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Jasley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasley Posted 3 May 2007 , 10:34pm
post #33 of 100

I sometimes spend half an hour looking through the galleries for ideas and if I like one little thing on a cake that I might use later I'll favourite it...but not necessarily love the whole cake. I don't leave comments because I'm just collecting ideas, not inspecting each cake, and leaving a comment on each one would take twice as long...(I only have a small window of time to myself while my adorable terror sleeps!!).

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:45pm
post #34 of 100

I do try to leave a comment if it goes into my favs... and I appreciate it when others do too. I know sometimes your in a hurry and can't, but it's nice if you can. My Mother's day cake is a favorite of 51 and only five comments. Maybe the new gallery will help things. It seems much faster.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:46pm
post #35 of 100

indydebi thanks for the reason you gave "the bride!" That one makes the most sense to me as far as using ideas without commenting! Thanks!

marthajo1 Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:51pm
post #36 of 100

I highly recommend trying that right click thing if you haven't cuz it works great to speed up the process and you can comment while it being added to your favs! I know I am repeating this advice but I do it all the time- In fact this is the only way I add to my favs.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:52pm
post #37 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrctermite

I didn't realize that not leaving a comment was rude

Not leaving a comment is NOT rude. It is your option whether you want to or not. This issue has been brought up many many times before....I guess we just have to agree to disagree... icon_smile.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 4 May 2007 , 12:06am
post #38 of 100

Missyek, I agree 100%....what a surprise. icon_biggrin.gif

I don't think it's rude either, it's just up to the individual. And really, for every 100 people you can have 100 reasons why they did/didn't comment in any given situation. We all love to receive feedback but I won't hold it against anyone for not doing so.

I also find being "favorited" an even bigger compliment.

robin5568 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robin5568 Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:18am
post #39 of 100

I have a lot of reasons that I add a pic to my favorites and they aren't all that I love the picture but maybe something about it I think will work with what I'm doing. If I do love it and there aren't many comments I leave one but how many ways can you say, "beautiful, or Oh Wow, I just think if it's been said I don't need to say it yet again if I'm not adding something new.

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:12am
post #40 of 100

Honestly, most of the time I'm viewing cakes in between calls at work, so commenting is not always something I can do. I like having comments on my cakes, but I think when someone adds me to their favorites it's an even bigger compliment that doesn't necessarily warrant a comment. I don't think anyone should feel obliged to comment on my cakes, whether they liked it or not. I do like it though!

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:12am
post #41 of 100

Honestly, most of the time I'm viewing cakes in between calls at work, so commenting is not always something I can do. I like having comments on my cakes, but I think when someone adds me to their favorites it's an even bigger compliment that doesn't necessarily warrant a comment. I don't think anyone should feel obliged to comment on my cakes, whether they liked it or not. I do like it though!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:50am
post #42 of 100

The photo gallery is smoking fast now I love it! Been making up for all the times I looked, but didn't comment out of frustration from the slow loading.

I also take one of my cakes as a favorite a compliment just as someone commenting on it.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:29pm
post #43 of 100
Quote:
Quote:

I take the fact that someone listed me as a favorite a comment in and of itself. There are hundreds and hundreds of pics on here and for someone to chose mine, WOW!

AND ditto to indydebi for about the same comment. I am of the same camp - if it is in someone's favorites, that just tickles me to no end!

The comments are nice, and appreciated ~ but just being in someone's favorites means more to me, comment or no. JMO.

SusieQ1083 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieQ1083 Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:41pm
post #44 of 100

I think that a comment definitely brightens your day, but I would not be offended if someone did not leave me a comment. There are so many pictures of beautiful cakes that we cannot all take time to write a comment about each of our favorites. Obviously if someone has picked it to be a fave, they like it for one reason or another. Don't look at it offensively, take pride in the fact that somebody really likes your cake!!

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:44pm
post #45 of 100

Sometimes my comment will just be a repeat of whats already there so if its a cake I really like and would like to try one day I put it into my favorites. That just means I REALLY, REALLY like it! thumbs_up.gif

dayana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dayana Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:45pm
post #46 of 100

There are many wonderful creations by cc members. Whenever I put a cake as a favorite I always leave a message. Everyone should make time to post a comment. You are taking the time to put it as one of your favorites assuming you like the idea and are going to refer to it later. I have a few pictures that are favorites of users and not one comment. We are here to encourage one another............

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:57pm
post #47 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

I take the fact that someone listed me as a favorite a comment in and of itself. There are hundreds and hundreds of pics on here and for someone to chose mine, WOW!

I agree.

I also would like to leave more comments, but most of the time when I'm on CC I'm at work. If the site is slow that day, I may not be able to post as many comments as I would like. It seems to be working great now, so even at work I will be able to post more.

marthajo1 Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:58pm
post #48 of 100

Dayana- I love your turtle cakes! You might not be getting comments because you have turned off the ability to comment. There is a check box in your profile you need to find and check! This happened to me one time! I was like icon_cry.gif nobody likes my cakes! icon_cry.gif

dayana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dayana Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:02pm
post #49 of 100

marthajo1, Thanks a lot I will check it out.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:19pm
post #50 of 100

I have to admit i'm very guilty of doing this. I apologize if anyone is offended.
There's tons of cakes here that are just simply beautiful to me. I can't really put into words why it caught my eye or why i love it. i just do. For me it's mostly for inspiration. Or something that's in the cake that i want to try doing, like a new technique for me.
I do leave comments on cakes though, even if it's it's pretty or beautiful, love it... whatever. I agree that having in the fav's is more of a compliment than leaving a comment. for whatever reason you choose to save it.
Recently i tried going to the "uncommented" area but it said something like you don't have the rights.
Also, thanks for those who posted about the right click. i will try that.

marthajo1 Posted 4 May 2007 , 3:48pm
post #51 of 100

I think you might have to be a gallery supporter to go there....?

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 4 May 2007 , 8:12pm
post #52 of 100

It's truly an honor to have your cake saved into somebody's favorites; but you don't know who it is!

Several respondents in this post are apologizing for offending people by not leaving comments. I don't think anybody is offended.

Some of you said you might save a favorite not because it's a favorite; but that you might draw inspiration from it. If there's time, (which I know we all don't have enough of), you could write "Love you're borders, I'd like to try these."

When you first post a picture, it is expected that you'll get a few comments. What I find exciting, is when somebody sends an unexpected comment on an older posting.

Loucinda Posted 4 May 2007 , 8:19pm
post #53 of 100
Quote:
Quote:

When you first post a picture, it is expected that you'll get a few comments

Nope, I don't expect anyone to comment, nice if they do, but not a big deal to me. I can tell comments that are "assigned" too. I still think it is more of a compliment to be in anyones favorites, I don't care who they are! I just enjoy decorating and like seeing what others are doing too.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 May 2007 , 8:56pm
post #54 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcrew

I can tell comments that are "assigned" too.

I started a thread once asking about single word comments, and boy did I take a beating. All I was saying was that it sometimes kind of felt forced when you read it and it says, "Nice". That just seems like an 'assigned' comment like you just mentioned. Not that there is anything wrong with 'nice', it's just that when I leave a comment I try to be a little more specific, like 'really nice borders' or 'fantastic use of color'. I mean, one word comments are different when it's something like 'AMAZING!!' with a bunch of popping eye faces! icon_wink.gif Please don't beat me up again guys... I am simply saying my feelings. I am not saying a person is bad if they say 'nice' on one of my cakes!!

Loucinda Posted 4 May 2007 , 9:05pm
post #55 of 100

You got no beating from me icon_wink.gif - I was one who didn't mind if there were (or weren't) comments! icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 4 May 2007 , 9:07pm
post #56 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcrew

You got no beating from me icon_wink.gif - I was one who didn't mind if there were (or weren't) comments! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Quad!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 4 May 2007 , 9:56pm
post #57 of 100

I agree Melvira so no beatings here. thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 4 May 2007 , 10:35pm
post #58 of 100

Ironbaker... thank you, and your avatar kills me! How cute is that?!?!?!

deester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deester Posted 4 May 2007 , 10:49pm
post #59 of 100

Melvira and Quadcrew have nicely summed up my feelings on the subject - now I have nothing to say icon_cry.gifthumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 May 2007 , 11:21pm
post #60 of 100

Melvira, you're not the only one that feels that way ... unfortunately, you're the one who first put it in writing, so it's just the 'ole "shoot the messenger"! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I double ditto Quadcrew's remarks. Why would it make a difference to me WHO marked it as a favorite? icon_confused.gif

Edited to add: My BIGGEST compliment was when a CC'er pm'd me to let me know she had duplicated one of my cakes. And she did great! It was an exact duplicate! My head was bigger than a hose reel for days over that one! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%