My Brother's Wedding Cake Was Sabotaged (Sp?)!! Long!

Decorating By Somethin-Sweet Updated 14 Aug 2006 , 2:16am by mkolmar

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 25 May 2006 , 3:33pm
post #31 of 50

icon_biggrin.gif I know the feeling......if only this site was not so addictive! My husband just does not understand......thinks I must be up late talking to some hot guy online! LOL!

snicker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snicker Posted 25 May 2006 , 3:36pm
post #32 of 50

oh my, while reading your post my blood was boiling for you!!! I think all of us will have a story like this at one point or another. I am NOT looking forward to my turn!!! Sorry!!

monstersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monstersmom Posted 26 May 2006 , 12:16pm
post #33 of 50

SOME PEOPLE!!! Now what would they have done if someone stomped all over their flowers & decorations? Probably thrown the hissy fit to end all hissy fits, you on the other hand,handled it very well. Good going!

When my niece turned 1, I offered to do her cake for free, my SIL's mother wouldn't hear of it. She's really a nice person, but can be very snooty at the same time. She hires someone she works with, after all if she knows her, the other woman must be a fantastic decorator. Oh My Goodness, it was the ugliest cake I have ever seen! Everyone kept saying "You didn't make that cake , did you? We can tell it wasn't you!"

Guess who's been making my niece and nephews birthday cakes ever since, yep me.

goodcakefairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodcakefairy Posted 31 May 2006 , 4:28pm
post #34 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotmomof3

Cake_Princess, when you turn a Central A/C down, it makes the thermostat go down, and it gets colder- turning it up makes it warmer.......I turned it down to keep it cool- they cut it Off because they were cold.......sorry for the confusion! Maybe my brain is fried after the weekend I had! LOL!

LOL, ok I think that's my cue not to try reading these post @ 1 AM ESPECIALLY when I am tired. I obviously forget to bring my brain with me.

My DH and I have that argument all of the time! Turn down the AC to me, means make it cooler. To him, it means make it warmer.

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 31 May 2006 , 4:42pm
post #35 of 50

Cake_princess, don't feel bad, I too read the post late at night and remember thinking the same thing to myself, thn realizing Duh...She ment she turned the Degree's down. LOLOL. You aren't the only one on here who goes braindead at times. icon_smile.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 31 May 2006 , 4:42pm
post #36 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotmomof3

icon_biggrin.gif I know the feeling......if only this site was not so addictive! My husband just does not understand......thinks I must be up late talking to some hot guy online! LOL!

ROFL--I KNOW THE FEELING

I READ THIS THE FIRST DAY YOU POSTED IT, BUT WAS TO icon_evil.gif TO REPLY, I'LL KNOW TELL U THAT I'M SO VERY SORRY FOR U.

WHAT DID THE BRIDE/GROOM EVER SAY ABOUT THIS ( U MAY HAVE ALREADY SAID-I CALLED MYSELF READING AGAIN-HA HA)

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 31 May 2006 , 4:47pm
post #37 of 50

icon_biggrin.gif My dear brother is such a sweetheart! They both knew how hard I had worked and I told them the story......so at the reception- they both get on the microphone and say this Huge Thank You to me for the cakes! I almost cried-

After they got back from the Honeymoon, the bride tells me that the aunt was indeed upset that she did not get to do the cakes......They knew who to trust with this special day! icon_wink.gif

I am still waiting on pictures- I will be sure and post them when I get them in.......Thanks for all of the support guys!

goodcakefairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodcakefairy Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 11:28am
post #38 of 50

redhotmomof3- If the bride knew the aunt was upset, it kind of makes me wonder why she left her unattended around the cake! Either way, it's not your faut at all and I'm g;ad the rest of the family is seeing this aunt/cousin for the doofuses they are.

jacksjoyce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacksjoyce Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 11:41am
post #39 of 50

I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what you went thru too! What a nightmare. But thinking over the suitation...think how horrible for the bride and groom....didn't you say it was her Aunt that did this? They've got a whole lifetime of putting up with her antics. (If they have children keep her away from the babies!)
Kudos to you for keeping your cool in front of them....Halloween is coming...do you know where she lives? (just kidding!)

CherryMerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryMerry Posted 3 Jun 2006 , 4:18am
post #40 of 50

I know I'm late but this is a really terrible thing, the aunt obviously does not love her neice the way you do- she just wanted her neice's wedding to be all about HER, not the couple getting married! She said she knew about cakes, that's a big tip-off that she knew it would melt with the air off.

GREAT JOB at handling a tough situation.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 3 Jun 2006 , 4:25am
post #41 of 50

I am so sorry for you. Now, you are armed with information about them that perhaps you didn't know before. Information is like ammunition that you now have. You know what kind of petty b----s they are so stay out of harms way. These kind of people make a life of this.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 3 Jun 2006 , 4:41am
post #42 of 50

Some people are so self centered, they just don't think beyond right now and their petty desire for revenge or compensation or whatever.

I just read another thread asking what you put in your setup/emergency/repair kit when you set up a cake ...well, after reading this, I think I would add a guard to keep watch in the room where the cake is set up and to keep people from changing the thermostat.

A guard with a loaded gun...or maybe a bullwhip icon_evil.gif

pittysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pittysmom Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 6:28am
post #43 of 50

Wow, that's EVIL.... icon_mad.gif

At least you weren't blamed for it...

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 6:51pm
post #44 of 50

Wow I just read this and can't believe it! Why do people have to throw their anger or jealousy at the wrong people - she didn't hurt YOU particularly - she was hurting the bride & groom. It's THEIR day after all!!!

And that doesn't even make sense to make the room so hot - the flowers would wilt, the cake would melt.. and anyone who came into the reception would start melting! More bodies in a room = more heat in the room - so then the air would be turned on anyway! And when they started dancing..... what were they just gonna turn the thermostat up and down all night?

How awful for the bride. And what a bitter mean woman. I was babysitting last night and saw a cake in the freezer that was for the little boy's b-day. They know that I make cakes and I had wished they asked me to make it - but I didn't throw the cake away or leave it out on the counter or anything....... that hurts the kid - not the parents! some people are just so petty.....

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 7:21pm
post #45 of 50

redhotmomof3:

I personally think that "Most People" are not evil nor that mean spirited. Evil usually takes some sort of genius to pull off right. The ones I come across are just plain Stupid and dont care combined with a little bad luck. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I truly think it was cold in the building and they turned off the air because they were Stupid, cold and really didnt care about anyone else. I don't think that they tried to melt your cake on purpose. Most mean spirited people would do something quick to destroy your cake other than melt it, because they would want to make sure it was really destroyed in front of their eyes, melting would have been to slow to take any real pleasure in the cakes destruction.

Stupid people should not be allowed to breed and pass those genes on to others, because each generation just gets more dense and harder to explain to strangers. icon_wink.gif

But, you have every right to be upset with these Stupid people. icon_biggrin.gif

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 4:37pm
post #46 of 50

Thank God your new SIL is wise to her aunt! Relatives like auntie need to be shot and hung in the same day!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 4:50pm
post #47 of 50

did you ever post pics of the cake?

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 6:53pm
post #48 of 50

yep! Green eyed monster of an aunt! Soooommmmee people! icon_mad.gif

Aztec9206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aztec9206 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 9:22pm
post #49 of 50

I guess this shows just how much the Aunt loves the niece, right?.....I know none of mine would dare dream of even doing such a thing to me....but then again I would be all over them.... icon_rolleyes.gif better yet they would be asked to leave the reception.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 2:16am
post #50 of 50

I have a cousin just like this, aaagghhhhh! I was hoping she was the only one made like this, but alas it looks as if the aunt's one too. What a horrible human being! At least your brother and SIL got up and gave you the recognition you deserve so the whole place could hear (especially the aunt)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%