Need Some Help With "king Tut" Cookies

Baking By LOVEME Updated 23 May 2006 , 1:27pm by sweettreasures

LOVEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LOVEME Posted 22 May 2006 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 6

GOOD MORNING ALL..I WILL BE MAKING AROUND 200-300 "KING TUT" COOKIES AND NEED SOME HELP WITH THE DESIGN.ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE AN IDEA AS TO WHAT I COULD USE AS A CUTTER?I REALLY DON'T WANT TO CUT OUT THIS MANY COOKIES USING A KNIFE.THANKS A BUNCH.

5 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 6

Do you know yet what you are making for the King Tut theme? are you planning to do his whole body? the case? his hat?

Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 6

I would say just use a round large cutter and paint his face in using his hat as filller for the outside. Or, try and find a cutter that's like a sarcophagus. Or a martini shaker...I know i've seen one of those. I'll look around.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 6

you could always make your own cookie cutter.........are you planning on doing the mask thing??? Looks like a pretty simple outline......the details?? that's another thing...I buy a spool of aluminum flashing at the hardware store and cut it with an old pair of scissors ( it will dull them ) and bend it to the correct shape and use this glue stuff, it's called "cold weld" and you mix two blobs of stuff, mix it and put it on the pieces you're joining together and stick a clamp on it......it's dry in under 5 minutes....and permanently cured in 24 hrs. ...I put them in the dishwasher and everything and haven't had any problems.

http://alum.mit.edu/lt/travel/2005/egypt-jordan/images/king_tut.jpg

LOVEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LOVEME Posted 23 May 2006 , 3:00am
post #5 of 6

THANKS YOU ALL FOR GREAT INFORMATION.I AM GOING TO PICK-UP THE MATERIALS IN THE MORNING AND SEE IF I CAN MAKE IT.SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

sweettreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreasures Posted 23 May 2006 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 6

I love anything egyptian so this is really interesting to see how yours turned out...Let us know what you came up with and post some pics! Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%