Satin Ice Fondant..

Decorating By katleg Updated 21 May 2013 , 3:32pm by CharicesSweets

katleg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katleg Posted 22 May 2006 , 1:28am
post #1 of 9

what do ya'll normally pay for satin ice fondant??

i found it at my local cake supple store, and it was $75 for the big bucket of it, but i think that would maybe only cover one wedding cake?? it wasnt really that big! i thought that was so expensive!! so much easier just to make it myself, but it's good to know it's there if i get into a jam!

8 replies
cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 22 May 2006 , 1:38am
post #2 of 9

In my local cake stores, they sell 5# for about $20-$22, 20# for $80. I have found it on line for a little less than that (w/out tax too). I have covered a 5 tiered wedding cake, and a couple other smaller ones, and still have some left (maybe a couple pounds).

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 22 May 2006 , 2:01am
post #3 of 9

When I was buying straight from the manufacturer I was paying $3 - $3.25 per lbs...I can't remember exactly and I believe that included shipping. You had to buy a minimum of 40lbs, which wasn't a big deal because I was using so much.

joesmom583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joesmom583 Posted 22 May 2006 , 2:22am
post #4 of 9

cakes by allison- Do you use only Satin Ice on all your fondant covered cakes? I was just wondering because I've been using MMF and I'm looking for something new and your cakes are so neat and wonderful looking. Have you used other fondant besides the Satin Ice and how do they compare? Thank you so much and again your cakes are amazing.

Michelle

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 22 May 2006 , 2:50am
post #5 of 9

Satin Ice Rolled Fondant, as low as $55 for 20#. Pfeil and Holing, from Long Island, NY. I do not know what the freight would be. They have a toll-free number somewhere on the site. Give them a call and they can quote you freight.

http://www.cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_sresults.html?p_keyword=ROLLED%20FONDANT&page=4&p_letter=&p_prices=&p_whole=&p_phrase=&p_matchall=

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:08am
post #6 of 9

I love, love, love, love, love Satin Ice and buy it from a wholesaler here in Houston for $90 for 40 pounds (two 20 lb buckets). No shipping, just gas to drive over there. You can see if they have a location near you: www.scff.com

~ Sherri

katleg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katleg Posted 22 May 2006 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 9

great to know sherri, i live in houston too, thank you! i went to make a cake in houston, and one twenty lb bucket was $75 bucks! i thought that was a bit much!!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 22 May 2006 , 5:00pm
post #8 of 9

Wow, small world! icon_biggrin.gif

Here's where I got it:
Swiss Chalet Fine Foods, Inc.
7200 Wynnpark
Houston, Texas 77008-6030
Phone: (713) 868-9505
Fax: (713) 868-1172

They carry it under their own brand name, but I contacted Satin Ice directly to confirm that this is indeed their product, just under a different label. I've used a bunch of it and it's definitely Satin Ice.

CharicesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharicesSweets Posted 21 May 2013 , 3:32pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the info on where to get the Satin Ice locally.  Can a normal person buy from Swiss Chalet? or do you need a dba?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%