First Wedding Cake - Please Help!!

Decorating By ryansmama Updated 2 May 2007 , 4:37pm by Renaejrk

ryansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ryansmama Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 2

I am making my very first wedding cake. My soon to be sis-in-law wants it to be 3 tiers (and they keep the top). Now here I am not too sure of...it will be a small wedding, about 50-70 (haven't got all rsvp's back yet) people. What size pans should I use. And how deep (2 in or 3 in)? The tiers will be stacked right on top of eachother. This is for May 25th...any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 reply
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 2

I think the 2-3" thing is personal preference on how you want it to look. I used 2 2" layers and with the filling it was about 4 1/4 or so inches high (maybe a little higher) and it looked nice. Look in the gallery at some of the wedding cakes - you can usually tell the ones done with the 3" pans to be 6" high. If you like that look better, then go with that.

Earlene has serving information on her site - that might give you an idea of what size cakes you want to make. I did 14/10/6 and it would feed about 100, not counting the top that they'll keep.

Just remember how heavy this cake will be, and know how you're going to transport it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%