Mango Recipes Anyone?

Baking By arwa Updated 10 Jul 2014 , 9:17am by Bopple Princess

Bopple Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bopple Princess Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 12:47am
post #31 of 44

AWinnie thats a great idea! But how to infused mango to sugar syrup? Haha thanks so much!!! :D

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 3:11am
post #32 of 44

AProbably a cold infusion would be best - so chop or purée some mango and mix it in to the syrup, leave in the fridge overnight and then strain the pulp out. You could do a hot infusion instead which is usually stronger in flavour, adding the mango to hot syrup and let it cool and then strain it off, but that might affect the fresh, bright flavour of the mango.

Bopple Princess Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 7:12am
post #33 of 44

A

Original message sent by winniemog

Probably a cold infusion would be best - so chop or purée some mango and mix it in to the syrup, leave in the fridge overnight and then strain the pulp out. You could do a hot infusion instead which is usually stronger in flavour, adding the mango to hot syrup and let it cool and then strain it off, but that might affect the fresh, bright flavour of the mango.

Winnie I will do cold infuse then! Thanks so much! :D

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 7 Jul 2014 , 9:44am
post #34 of 44

Bopple I made a white mango mudcake a few months back.  I replaced some of the fluid with pureed mangoes.  It was delicious.

Bopple Princess Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 2:31am
post #35 of 44

ACazza, oh no I already make vanilla cake, I will do for next time! So you change the milk like all total amount of it with mango puree?

Btw I tried making the white chocolate ganache with ratio 2:1 with whipped cream, and add one mango puree and about half a cup of lemon, it taste nice and not too sweet but it becomes too thin now that the ganache just melt out from the cake if not in fridge :( do you think I need to redo with maybe a ganache with ratio 3:1 to cream or do you think I can just layer the outside with just white chocolate ganache (without the mango and lemon), will it hold up the mango choc ganache inside the cake layer? Help me pleaseee, I'm panicking now :(((((

winniemog Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 4:02am
post #36 of 44

AI would melt another amount of chocolate (whatever is the weight of your cream, which will bring your total choc up to 3:1 ratio) and then work in the mango ganache you have made already, which you might need to heat a little to incorporate properly.

Then scrape the ganache onto a lined tray to cool more quickly. Check the thickness to see if you're happy with it at this stage.

Don't panic, it's just cake, it's not worth the stress! It will be delicious no matter what.

Bopple Princess Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 4:08am
post #37 of 44

A

Original message sent by winniemog

I would melt another amount of chocolate (whatever is the weight of your cream, which will bring your total choc up to 3:1 ratio) and then work in the mango ganache you have made already, which you might need to heat a little to incorporate properly.

Then scrape the ganache onto a lined tray to cool more quickly. Check the thickness to see if you're happy with it at this stage.

Don't panic, it's just cake, it's not worth the stress! It will be delicious no matter what.

Winnie thanks so much! The reason I put lemon actuallt to make it less sweet... When I add another white choc I wonder if it will become too sweet again, n if I put more lemon will it become too thin again haha... Or do you think it will help to put gelatin? :s

winniemog Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 8:13am
post #38 of 44

AI wouldn't put gelatine, it would affect the consistency of the ganache and change it to a more jelly-like texture rather than soft and creamy. A mango-white choc ganache is going to be sweet so I would increase the choc to make it set.

Maybe try adding lemon to your sugar syrup to soak the cake layers, to give the acidity you are looking for without affecting the consistency of the ganache. You don't need a thick layer of the ganache as a filling either, so it won't be as overwhelmingly sweet with the cake as it is in a spoonful by itself.

Bopple Princess Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 8:16am
post #39 of 44

AWinnie, thanks for your help! You're a life saver! I have to scrape the choc ganache from the cake as I've already spread all over and crumb coat it :( havent yet to do more caking, baby cranky after jab! :( wish me luck :D

winniemog Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 8:21am
post #40 of 44

AI've got my fingers crossed for you. I'll be flying through Singapore on Thursday so I'll give you a wave from the airport! It's hard work with a little one at home, but you're a mum, you can do ANYTHING!!

cazza1 Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 10:19am
post #41 of 44

I would suggest that in the future you try mango essence as it will not upset the chemistry of your ganache like pureed mangoes will.    White ganache is usually made with a 3:1 ratio and even a 4:1 ratio if the weather is really hot, otherwise it can be too soft to support your fondant.  If your filling is really soft or runny you will need to make sure that you have a good stiff dam to hold it in before you ganache the outside, otherwise it will leak.

cazza1 Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 10:25am
post #42 of 44

My recipe includes a quarter of a cup of booze or water.  I substitute this part of the liquid with puree and some essence.  I leave the buttermilk as buttermilk.

winniemog Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 11:32am
post #43 of 44

A

Original message sent by cazza1

I would suggest that in the future you try mango essence as it will not upset the chemistry of your ganache like pureed mangoes will.    White ganache is usually made with a 3:1 ratio and even a 4:1 ratio if the weather is really hot, otherwise it can be too soft to support your fondant.  If your filling is really soft or runny you will need to make sure that you have a good stiff dam to hold it in before you ganache the outside, otherwise it will leak.

I didn't find the puréed mangoes were a problem in my ganache. I only used the mango ganache as a filling but I found a 2:1 choc:cream ratio was fine with one part mango added to the emulsified ganache. I did cover the filled cake with a 2:1 dark choc ganache under my fondant. If I had used the white choc ganache as a coating rather than filling, then I would have used 3:1 white choc to cream and not used the real mangoes.

Of course it is winter (and a cold one at that in melbourne!) and so my white choc ganache was quite firm at our indoor temperature of 22-23 deg Celcius (yes I like the heater up nice and warm!) but that should be similar to an indoor air conditioned temp in Singapore I would think.

Bopple Princess Posted 10 Jul 2014 , 9:17am
post #44 of 44

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3261185/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

The cake was a hit my friend said, she really loves the flavour and all the kids also loved it, all gone from plate :p thanks everyone for your help! Winnie I will wave to you!!! :D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%