Giving A Cake For Big Publicity

Business By Pootchi Updated 2 May 2007 , 8:33pm by Silver044

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 2 May 2007 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 6

I was asked yesterday for a cake, what I could charge and what kind of cake I could do for the 20th anniversary of a restaurant here in my home town. It's already publicized (sp?) on the radion that there will be cake on Friday to celebrate... I didn't know they wanted me to do it until yesterday.
Anyway, I printed a pic of a cake I saved on my pewter (from here, but can't remember who made it icon_cry.gif ) Made a price in my head and went to meet the owners (mother and daugther). After talking to them, they told me that they wanted a cake for display, take pictures for the local newspaper with a special comment to say who made the cake, and get the same picture laminated to stay in the restaurant for years... and cakes to serve the people coming in. So I decided to offer them sheet cakes (one chocolate/one vanilla) at a discount price, and the 3-tier cake for free just for the exposure. I'll have to give them a huge lot of business cards, and a small board with my logo to show that it was done by me! The price I gave them for the sheet cakes cover my expenses that's all, for the sheet cakes AND the 3-tier cake. So I give them my time.... But that will bring lot and lot of business. Again, I'll be in the newspaper.. I just hope it won't be in the same week, I'd prefer at least a week appart just to remind people that I'm there!
I'm starting to bake this afternoon, and all the decorating part will be on Friday. I want the cake to be perfect!
BTW anyone knows what's the 20th anniversary thing? you know like : pearl, Silver, paper (I know it's not paper) I just can't remember. They want a BIG 20 as a topper and I wonder what color it should be to represent the 20th... I hope I was clear enough in my wording, sometimes I have difficulties with my English, I don't get to practice really often except for here.....

5 replies
leni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leni Posted 2 May 2007 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 6

20th Wedding Anniversary

The twentieth wedding anniversary is represented by

Traditional: China

Modern: Bone china or platinum

Flower: Day lily

Gem: Emerald

Pootchi Posted 2 May 2007 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 6

So 20th anniversary is the platinum anniversary?

thanks Leni!

BTW welcome to CC!!!!

Pootchi Posted 2 May 2007 , 2:58pm
post #4 of 6

Ok I decided to go and google it and I've found this link, and I thought many others would appreciate it so here it goes

http://marriage.about.com/cs/anniversaries/a/wedannivideas.htm

it gives the meaning, the gems, the gifts and everything for wedding anniversaries from 1st to 100th!
Have fun icon_biggrin.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 2 May 2007 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 6

Just wanted to say how exciting this must be to get exposure like this! I hope it brings in lots of business for you.

(p.s. I never would have guessed that English isn't your first language. icon_smile.gif )

Silver044 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Silver044 Posted 2 May 2007 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 6

good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%