Cupcake Bouquet Idea - Opinions Please!

Decorating By cambo Updated 11 May 2014 , 4:07pm by atcooper24

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:19am
post #361 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinaren

Thanks to cambo! I made a Bouqet too. I added my picture in the gallery. I did a different one with cherry in middle and instead of paper sherds i just kept tissue paper's inbetween and added two butterfiles. I gave this to my aunt she just loved it.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cherries in teh middle! Very cute idea!

cambo Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:20am
post #362 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedessertdiva

Ok Cambo and Steph2325...I did it and they turned out quite awesome...LOL. Thanks for putting the spark back into baking for me...it was diming out there for a while...

You Two ROCK!!!!

Brings a smile to my face! I'm so excited that everyone is having fun with these! I looked at your pics and they turned out adorable!

cambo Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:20am
post #363 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillmn

I made three of these for mothers day and everyone loved them. I used the round toothpicks and I used an extra one underneath each cupcake for a little extra support. I also found that freezing the cupcakes help them be a little more sturdy when sticking them on the toothpicks. I found these on eBay, do you think they would work?

Cambo - thank you for such a terrific idea, it was so much fun to work on.

I'm not sure by looking at the packaging how large they are....are they comparable to regular (round) sandwich toothpicks? If so, I see NO reason why they wouldn't work! Great find!

lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:58am
post #364 of 454

well, here's my first attempt....not perfect but pretty good. When my 16 yr ds saw it...he says "Hey Mom, it looks just like a bouquet of flowers"...guess that means it turned out right!! LOL

Thanks again Cambo for the idea and thanks again for whoever did the mini one (sorry...i'm really bad with remembering names!!!)

ugh...having probs posting pict...should be in my photos tho...thanks for looking!!

cambo Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:09am
post #365 of 454

lilsis....just saw your pic in the gallery and commented on how beautiful it turned out! Great job!

cambo Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:14am
post #366 of 454

This is my latest....and LAST bouquet of the weekend! I had a total of 42 bouquet orders....WHEW! Glad they're done! This one was for my MIL....they're WASC cake filled with raspberry filling! It was my first time filling them and was hoping for no problems.....NO problems whatsoever!
LL

lilsis Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:15am
post #367 of 454

thanks cambo!!! now i need to come up with a 'reason' to make some more!!! LOL they are fun and quite easy when you get the hang of them!!!

thanks again for the idea!!!

mom2c-m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2c-m Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:29am
post #368 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellejoey

Cambo? or anyone....You probably already answered this question....but how do you transport these in a car? Hmmmm...mine came out wonderful in my pics, but I've been having my poor daughter go with me everywhere and holding them steady in the car! LOL! She's pretty much done...so I need to find a new way.

I just made 2 bouquets for Mother's Day. I can't post pictures yet because we haven't developed the film. I know we're still in the dark ages with no digital camera.

I made a 12 regular sized bouquet with a 5 inch pot and a 12 mini bouquet with a 3 1/2 inch pot. I have an Otis Spunkemeyer plastic container that held frozen cookie dough and is slightly larger than the 5 inch pot. I placed some shelf liner on the bottom, put the pot in and placed tissue paper around it to hold it in place. I put the smaller bouquet in a rectangular shaped tupperware that was slightly larger than the pot with shelf liner underneath and the packs of sandwich picks and plastic picks on either side to hold it snugly. Then I put both containers in a large rubbermaid container-58 qt. with shelf liner underneath. (Can you tell that I don't want anything moving.) thumbs_up.gif I taped a basket bag over the entire rubbermaid container.

We put the container in the trunk and headed to church this morning. It's a 45 minute drive on highway and city streets. My husband thankfully is a good driver and both bouquets were fine when we got to church. I took the container in so it could sit in AC until church was over. We only had a minor problem on the way to mom's (15 min.) The trunk got too hot and 2 cupcakes had the icing slip off. I put the bouquets in the fridge and subbed 2 fresh ones that I brought.

HTH

They both turned out great and were a hit at our party.

Thanks Cambo!

lilsis Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:36am
post #369 of 454

love your rosettes cambo....they are perfect!!! guess I need to keep practicing!!lol

martyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martyz Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:39am
post #370 of 454

Just wanted to share my story too...I made one for my MIL (Photo is in my pics), we had dinner at a restaurant. As I carried it in, I had comments from EVERY table like, "wow, look at that, is that for me? etc". I had one lady at the table next to us keep looking over and whispering to her companion. Eventually she came over and asked me where I got it from because she wanted to order one!
Silly me didn't ask her how much she would have paid for it...It got rave reviews.
My cupcakes were a white chocolate mud and the icing was vanilla and musk flavoured buttercream. YUM (If I say so myself!)

mommalud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommalud Posted 14 May 2007 , 10:43am
post #371 of 454

cambo,
i don't know if this was mentioned before but i came acroos a thread where doug posted this site for boxes, looks like the prices are right and maybe the sizes too! shipping is free.

http://www.brpboxshop.com/cake_boxes.html
HTH!

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 14 May 2007 , 1:09pm
post #372 of 454
Quote:
Quote:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cherries in teh middle! Very cute idea!

Thanks cambo! icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

LearningCurve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LearningCurve Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:02pm
post #373 of 454

Here are a couple of my first attempt. Everyone loved them. I gave one to my Grandma and this morning she told me she hasn't wanted to eat them because she thinks it is too pretty. I told her to dig in! I want my cakes to look pretty but would be devestated if they weren't eaten!!!

Thanks again Cambo for the idea!!
LL
LL

rajinaren Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:26pm
post #374 of 454

LearningCurve. You cake is so cute no wonder your grandma doesnt want to eat...icon_smile.gif

cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:10pm
post #375 of 454

save

Lueet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lueet Posted 14 May 2007 , 6:19pm
post #376 of 454

LearningCurve, are those regular-sized or minis? It looks gorgeous!

cambo Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:05pm
post #377 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommalud

cambo,
i don't know if this was mentioned before but i came acroos a thread where doug posted this site for boxes, looks like the prices are right and maybe the sizes too! shipping is free.

http://www.brpboxshop.com/cake_boxes.html
HTH!

Yes, this site was previously mentioned and I had already ordered some boxes from them! Should be getting them soon! Thanks for reposting the link....in case someone else is interested!

LearningCurve Posted 14 May 2007 , 7:17pm
post #378 of 454

Rajinaren & Lueet, Thank you. I thought they turned out pretty good. Oh and they are mini cupcakes.

Thanks again!

tiffyjoy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffyjoy2 Posted 14 May 2007 , 11:21pm
post #379 of 454

I'm new to CakeCentral- can someone direct me to where I can find how you make these beautiful cupcake bouquets? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

rajinaren Posted 14 May 2007 , 11:27pm
post #380 of 454
mamabaer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabaer Posted 15 May 2007 , 12:37am
post #381 of 454

Here is my second attempt. Look a lot better than my first ones, but I am still having a heck of a time with them falling off. My cakes are just way too soft. I tried less batter so there is no dome. And I tried baking them a tad longer so they would be firmer, but it still didn't work. I am working from a mix, so maybe I need to just switch mixes.
LL

mommalud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommalud Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:05am
post #382 of 454

i finally had a go at it! this is my first time using a 1m tip so i obviously need some practice. thanks to cambo and all you ccer's for the idea and inspiration!
for some reason i can't attach a pic but it is in my photos thanks for looking!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:13am
post #383 of 454

That wrist maneuver works well, Cambo, thanks for the tip~

Jennifer9800 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer9800 Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:25am
post #384 of 454

I use a box mix too. I also used 2 toothpics per cupcake. I stuck the toothpic in the foam first and attached the cake. Then I added a second toothpic into the cupcake afterwards so I could see where it was needing support. The pic inserted after it was attached seemed to have a better hold of it too. Then I iced the cakes on the foam. much easier that way so I didn't mess up the icing. icon_biggrin.gif

angelwaggoner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelwaggoner Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:39am
post #385 of 454

Hey, I just made my first cup cake bouquet for a friend's bday!! I saw everyone's on here and just got inspired. I was wondering what people charge for theirs. I was trying to figure out how much money I actully spent making it. Mine has 11 cup cakes on it. The pot was the cheapest thing I had, found it at the dollar tree! So....if anyone has any suggestions as to what to charge that would be very helpful! Thanks.....
LL

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:45am
post #386 of 454

I've made 6 bouquets with varying degrees of success.... the cupcakes keep falling off. My latest trick is to 'glue' them with royal icing first, then insert a toothpick. Have another order due tomorrow morning for a teacher appreciation gift... keeping my fingers crossed.
LL

martyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martyz Posted 15 May 2007 , 4:23am
post #387 of 454

Deana are they mini cupcakes or 'standard' sized? They look great! I love the colour combination.

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:18am
post #388 of 454

these are actually full size cupcakes! I couldn't believe how many actually fit. I think my stryofoam is sitting up too high - giving me way too much space to fill. =) Customer was very happy!

I think if I smoosh the ball down more, I'll be able to rest the cupcake on the lip of the pot to give it a little more stability. They stay put as long as they are sitting on my counter.. . it's when I go to deliver them that they topple off...

It's all a learning process, right?

LearningCurve Posted 15 May 2007 , 11:25am
post #389 of 454

Deana,
I love your bouquet. It is very pretty and the choice of colors look great together. I love it.

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 15 May 2007 , 11:45am
post #390 of 454

wow beautiful i must make one of these... even if its only to try it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%