Chocolate Marshmellow Fondant

Baking By sweetcaques Updated 5 May 2007 , 2:17am by sweetcaques

sweetcaques Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcaques Posted 1 May 2007 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 7

Please!!!! Need a good and effective CMMF recipe. I have tried 2 different recipes and they just get to hard. I have a cake in 2 wks that MIGHT be covered in CMMF. I am a huge fan of MMF and I would love to make CMMF.

6 replies
Erlyns_Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erlyns_Treats Posted 1 May 2007 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 7

what is the 2 reciepes youve tried?

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 1 May 2007 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 7

All I do with my CMMF is add Hershey's Cocoa Powder a little at a time till I get the taste & color I want. You make the MMF the same way just add cocoa powder~ I knead the cocoa powder in a little at a time because it gets very dusty in the kitchen if you add too much. So just add a little at a time~ That's all~

mpaigew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpaigew Posted 1 May 2007 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 7

Not to ask a silly question, but does it have to be a chocolate taste, or are you just looking for a chocolate color? I just did a cake covered in MMF, and added chocolate brown and super black colors. It saved me having to buy chocolate fondant!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 1 May 2007 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 7

I just made the one in the recipe section for the first time this weekend and it worked out wonderfully. If it is a little firm for you, just microwave it for a few seconds before kneading.

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 1 May 2007 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 7

I also just made a batch up the other day and it worked out great. I was also told that if you want more of a flavor to add some candy melts to it, it will give it even more of a chocolate taste.

sweetcaques Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcaques Posted 5 May 2007 , 2:17am
post #7 of 7

I tried 1 recipe from the site, to hard. And an other of my own, just added pre-melted chocolate to my MMF recipe, which is also from the site., to hard. I think I'm going to cut back on the chocolate amount. And if it doesn't come out this time. I'll use the chocolate brown icing color I know it's trial and error when it come to cake decorating. Thanks for your comments. I'll let ya'll know how everything turns out

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%