Need Ideas...

Baking By cakesonoccasion Updated 13 May 2007 , 11:49pm by yankeegal

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 1 May 2007 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 9

My boss wants me to make a bouquet for her husband who was just promoted to GM of a sealant and waterproofing business. Any great ideas? Snappy sayings and/or cookie shapes?? I'm stuck. The best I have so far is rain drop shapes....snooze!

8 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 May 2007 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 9

what about a cookie in the shape of a container of sealant??? Or maybe a cookie that looks like a business card with his name and his new title on it?? that's all I have right now sorry!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:14pm
post #3 of 9

maybe water stuff..flippers, snorkel, intertube???

chocolateandpeanutbutter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolateandpeanutbutter Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 9

Hmmm...how about a cookie in the shape of a caulking gun? Or a paintbrush, if you apply the waterproofing with a paintbrush?

I think I need some more coffee to wake up my brain...

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:41pm
post #5 of 9

Rain clothes? boots maybe?

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 2 May 2007 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 9

yankeegal - I think that would be so cute! You could use rain coat, cookies shaped like water drops, and rain boots. Too bad rain boots are so spendy, it would be cute to put them in a kids rain boot.

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 2 May 2007 , 2:49pm
post #7 of 9

I found some cute kids yellow rainboots in great shape at a thrift shop and used them for a flower arrangement when working propps for "Singin in the Rain".

you could have different sapped windows and "caulk" frost them with the color sealant that they use, use a food writer pen and have abusiness card as suggested with his new title.

There was a cute cake on this site I believe and perhaps in the WIlton yearbook of Gotham City....with cookies upright on a couple of or ricekrispie tiers maybe easier ...large cookies of buildings with the caulkked sealant windows.... Saying on a cookie could read

Mary Jane

The deal is sealed....Ron (or whomever) is GM!

cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 13 May 2007 , 9:04pm
post #8 of 9

Bouquet is done!! Thanks goal4me and everyone else for the great ideas!! The card attached says "The deal's been sealed- Jason is the new GM- Congratulations!" Please look in my photos- I guess it's too big to add as an attachment to this post. Thanks!!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 13 May 2007 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 9

You did a great job on this- Very creative!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%