May Cookie Club

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 15 Jun 2007 , 2:34am by Cake_Princess

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 1 May 2007 , 11:45am
post #1 of 155

Hello cookie makers!

The May 2007 theme is Mother Goose/Nursery Rhymes.

Remember, anyone can participate! Here are the established cookie club guidelines, with some additional clarifications based on questions that have been posed lately:

* You can use any medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating. Please let us know which medium you used to decorate your cookies and any techniques that you used, the type of cookie, etc..

* The group decided that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). If you have a previous group of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme please no not use it for this cookie club theme. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing and produce something new.

* Please do not post monthly theme cookies to your personal album or the cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). Even though there has been some discussion about this, and we tried eliminating this guideline for a couple of months, if we post to the gallery right away, it seems to lessen the flow of traffic to this thread. Therefore, we will return to each picture being new and not previously/currently uploaded to the Galleries.

* Please post pictures in this thread. Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). Please post a maximum of 3 pictures per person in this thread for the monthly theme. You may however use graphics programs to create a collage of different pictures/angles that count as one photo post. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you want to the galleries.

* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. Everyone who wishes to has an opportunity to suggest a theme in the monthly suggestion thread, and all themes suggested are considered and commented on by interested members of the community. The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by Cake_Princess or me (the theme is chosen based on what seems to have the most support for that particular month from the group in the suggestions thread and any PMs Cake_Princess or I receive, not necessarily by an actual vote count) and the new theme is posted near the beginning of the month. If your suggestion wasnt chosen in one particular month, please feel free to suggest it again in the future!

* Although we should connect to the theme, sometimes the connection isnt obvious to other people. In your post please let us know why you chose the design you did if the reason is not obvious. (For Example if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera relates to music).

Any questions? PM me!

Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the cookies!!!!

154 replies
crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 1 May 2007 , 11:50am
post #2 of 155

Thanks and I cannot wait to see what everyone creates!

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:46pm
post #3 of 155

This sounds like fun! I think I'll try it this month!

mis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mis Posted 1 May 2007 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 155

This is going to be a fun month. There is so many choices for everyone to choose from.

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 1 May 2007 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 155

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this month!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:10pm
post #6 of 155

i didn't get in last month. i'm very excited about this month's theme. sounds like fun

kneadacookie Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:13pm
post #7 of 155

i can't post it says my pic is too big

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:43pm
post #8 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

i can't post it says my pic is too big

Goto www.shrinkpictures.com icon_wink.gif Works for me everytime.

kneadacookie Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 155

mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb......
LL

kneadacookie Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:46pm
post #10 of 155

thanks monica

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 2 May 2007 , 5:24pm
post #11 of 155

icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif Your lamb is GEORGOUS!! Awww its so precious. It brought a little (good) tear to my eye.

You are welcome icon_wink.gif

bonniebakes Posted 2 May 2007 , 6:00pm
post #12 of 155

kneadacookie - love the lambs! They are SO cute!!

bonniebakes Posted 2 May 2007 , 6:01pm
post #13 of 155

kneadacookie - love the lambs! They are SO cute!!

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 2 May 2007 , 6:38pm
post #14 of 155

OMG kneadacookie - your cookies are always spectacular. Love your little lamb!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 2 May 2007 , 7:57pm
post #15 of 155

Awwwww! How cute! I'm off to make some cookie dough!!

mis Posted 2 May 2007 , 8:36pm
post #16 of 155

That is a cute lamb. Great job.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 2 May 2007 , 9:23pm
post #17 of 155

That lamb is too cute!! What a fantastic job you've done! Now I just have to figure out how to narrow it down to something... there are too many options. I have a busy weekend coming, but maybe next week I will have decided and make some!

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 2 May 2007 , 10:57pm
post #18 of 155

Kneadacookie,

that lamb came out BEAUTIFUL!!!

I'm glad to see we're getting right onto it this month!

Jasmine

kneadacookie Posted 2 May 2007 , 11:34pm
post #19 of 155

you guys are all so sweet!!!!!

Sunflowerbagel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflowerbagel Posted 3 May 2007 , 12:25am
post #20 of 155

I was bored today, so I thought Id give it a try with some leftover bouquet cookies. Since theyre just test cookies, Im posting them, although I cant WAIT to see what real talent all the experienced cookie bakers post this month.

Humpty looks a little like George Costanza, with that forehead. And thats a dish and spoon, if the suspenders confused you icon_lol.gif .
LL
LL

lizzyanne1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzyanne1 Posted 3 May 2007 , 12:52am
post #21 of 155

I am going to try this month! Hopefully I will get my cookies up this week sometime...now I just need to come up with an idea!!!!

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:14am
post #22 of 155

Wow, I can't believe May has already started! Where is the time going?!?! Anyways....

OMG! The cookies so far look great and are so imaginative!

Kneadacookie ~ That lamb is so precious. I really love how you outlined it to look fluffy! And great connection to the theme as well!

Sunflowerbagel ~ GREAT cookies! My favorite is Humpty. Very cute! And you're right, he does look a little like George Castanza! LOL. thumbs_up.gif

Can't wait to see more this month; and I promise I will TRY to make some this month!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 3 May 2007 , 4:25am
post #23 of 155

Cute cookies with tiny details so far, nice work!

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 3 May 2007 , 11:13am
post #24 of 155

Nice start you guys. I love the lamb it gave me a smile and the dish made me think of raggedy ann lol and the humpty is sooo cute and really made me laugh cause he does look like george lol wow such inspiration so early in the month is great. Cant wait to do mine but havnt decided yet which ryme I want

mis Posted 3 May 2007 , 12:18pm
post #25 of 155

Wow everyone is off to a great start already. Setting the bar high I see. icon_biggrin.gif Those dish and spoon cookies and humpty cookies look awesome.

bonniebakes Posted 3 May 2007 , 12:48pm
post #26 of 155

sunflowerbagel - NICE job!!

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:13pm
post #27 of 155

kneadacookie,

Your lamb is sooooooo adorable!

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:16pm
post #28 of 155

Sunflowerbagel icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You are so funny with your George Costanza comment.

I think you did a good job and your Humpty Dumpty is better looking than George icon_lol.gif

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 5 May 2007 , 6:37pm
post #29 of 155

The cookies are great so far for this month. I have to get all my cookie cutters out and see what I can come up with.

Maureen1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1971 Posted 7 May 2007 , 2:09pm
post #30 of 155

lol - my kids and I did up some Humpty Dumpty cookies as well, but we had a different take on it! (Are we warped?!!)
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%