What's Your 'it' Cake?

Decorating By Lybby2000 Updated 21 Sep 2007 , 12:15am by nickymom

pyseas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pyseas Posted 2 May 2007 , 6:24am
post #61 of 164

I feel sort of silly posting mine with such amazing...AMAZING cakes...but we all started off as newbies at one time.

This is probably the cake that took the most prep time and patience. I hope one day to make one half as beautiful as I've seen in this post.

Let's see if this works....
LL

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 2 May 2007 , 6:57am
post #62 of 164

This is my 'it' cake in terms of learning on the hoof or of having made myself have to learn v v quickly!! I remember saying to the lady who ordered this cake, "Oh yes, I can make a lifelike pair of ballet slippers' for the top, no problem", while thinking 'helloooo Glo are you insane???????? and visions of pride coming before a fall...'

Sorry, My picture wouldn't upload, its in my photos- you won't miss it I only have half a dozen pics of which three are of this one!!!

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 2 May 2007 , 7:58am
post #63 of 164

I'd have to say it's the one I did just last week for my 2 yo birthdayicon_smile.gif It was my first carved cake covered in fondant. I'd never covered anything but round or square cakes in fondant before and it turned out better than expected. It was also the first time I got to use Toba's fondant recipe, which I loved. I also got to try painting fondant for the first time. I'd used the luster dust before but never painted right on the cake like this. It was a fun cake icon_biggrin.gif
LL

Erlyns_Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erlyns_Treats Posted 2 May 2007 , 8:14am
post #64 of 164

I just have to say all these cakes are amazing!!!!! Here one of my favorites!
LL

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 2 May 2007 , 8:57am
post #65 of 164

the one I use as my avatar. I thought it was ok at the time, but feel that I have made a lot that are better, yet its still the one that people looking through my portfolio go 'wow' to. It has the most favourites here out of all my cakes and has been copied a couple of times too.

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:19pm
post #66 of 164

Wow! All of these cakes are amazing!! I have yet to make my "it" cake..I'm just starting out. I hope to someday make cakes half as beautiful as these!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 2 May 2007 , 2:38pm
post #67 of 164

the cake I am most proud of is my lightning mcqueen cake. I was skeptical that I could pull it off, but it came out great!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=325683

But my favorite cake is this one, just because I like it!:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=278243

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 2 May 2007 , 2:46pm
post #68 of 164

Merissa you Lighting McQueen is awesome and love the other cake they are both in my favorites!!!!!!!

amberhoney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberhoney Posted 3 May 2007 , 5:06am
post #69 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

But my favorite cake is this one, just because I like it!:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=278243

Isn't it funny that sometimes the one you're most happy with is not the one everyone notices ? I feel like that with my toadstool house. I took a day off work to do that one, I think about 16 hours all up. And sometimes people flick straight past it! Just as well my DD, who it was for, still regards it as my finest work yet! It's nice having a whole family of guaranteed fans icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:08pm
post #70 of 164

Dynee, I love the Christmas kissing ball. So cute!!!

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 3 May 2007 , 2:30pm
post #71 of 164

Everyone's cakes are awesome!

Maryjsgirl: I LOVE your daisy cake!!!

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 3 May 2007 , 4:22pm
post #72 of 164

This has to be my favorite of mine. I made it for my little girl's first birthday. It was special since I had had five boys before finally getting a girl and I was so excited to do a girly cake. I was really happy with how it turned out.
LL

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 3 May 2007 , 5:33pm
post #73 of 164

Mariak....44 weeks pregnant?! You poor thing! Are they going to induce you! Is this one a boy or girl? Your cakes are so beautiful!!!! You do a great job!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 3 May 2007 , 5:55pm
post #74 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbenmom

Mariak....44 weeks pregnant?! You poor thing! Are they going to induce you?

OMG I was thinking the same thing! I was thinking... oh man, I hope she just forgot to change her ticker!!! Otherwise, girlfriend... we need to come over and wait on you hand and foot!!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 4 May 2007 , 7:30am
post #75 of 164

My "it" cake right now is my picnic basket cake. It was made for the Pima County Fair, and took first place and best in class. It was the first time that I ever entered a cake contest. It was also featured in the local newspaper.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=431623

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 4 May 2007 , 11:49am
post #76 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbenmom

Mariak....44 weeks pregnant?! You poor thing! Are they going to induce you?

OMG I was thinking the same thing! I was thinking... oh man, I hope she just forgot to change her ticker!!! Otherwise, girlfriend... we need to come over and wait on you hand and foot!!

ditto!

Vicki, great cake!

writer_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writer_mom Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:14pm
post #77 of 164

Well, you guys continue to blow my away. icon_eek.gif My 'it' cake is nothing compared to the artistry you have displayed. However, it was my first attempt at making tootsie roll roses and I think I did pretty well. I made this cake for my best friend's brithday. She loved it and still has the ribbon I used hanging over her computer.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=65463

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:40pm
post #78 of 164

WOW! Such creative, amazing work to admire!!!

My favorite cake is my son's 4th Birthday cake, mostly because it just makes me smile to remember how happy he was when he saw it. I love watching Jimmy Neutron with him, and it's just a fun cake.

Angie
LL

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 4 May 2007 , 10:00pm
post #79 of 164

My "IT" is not a cake at all but a Sugar Sculpture. I am very proud how it turned out and it took only two months to create. It is my Sacred Heart. Except for the structural support, floral wire and floral tape it is entirely edible and has a gold halo "disc" with a puffed heart with a "crown" of thorns made out of gumpaste representing Jesus' heart. The three Lilies represent the Trinity and the resurrection. It was based on vintage Catholic prayer cards.

I think I finally crossed the invisible line finally from decorator and copier of other "infamous cakes" to an actual sculptor with "original work" with this piece.

It made it into a prestigious Art Show where only 22 artists were accepted and will be seen by many people for the next month. icon_biggrin.gif
LL

Melvira Posted 4 May 2007 , 10:37pm
post #80 of 164

YOWEEE!!! icon_eek.gif That is amazing Tip!

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 4 May 2007 , 10:43pm
post #81 of 164

WOW!!!! That is incredible, Tiptop57!!!!!!!

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 4 May 2007 , 10:54pm
post #82 of 164

Tiptop,

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are a true inspiration.
You have incredible talent.

I'm proud of ya!!! ((Hugs))

divaricks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaricks Posted 4 May 2007 , 11:01pm
post #83 of 164

You all put my cakes to shame! What talent - I hope I get that good someday! *sigh*

divaricks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaricks Posted 4 May 2007 , 11:01pm
post #84 of 164

You all put my cakes to shame! What talent - I hope I get that good someday! *sigh*

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 5 May 2007 , 1:38am
post #85 of 164

This is my it cake I love red.
LL

Melvira Posted 5 May 2007 , 2:19am
post #86 of 164

Oh Sharon... why didn't you do my wedding cake? I would've killed for that bad boy right there! It's SO me!!!! *bowing gracefully to your talent*

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 5 May 2007 , 2:59am
post #87 of 164

thanks I used a picture of a wedding dress from Martha Stewarts magazine cover and took out some the the embroidry work that was on it.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:09am
post #88 of 164

Man you all have such way cool cakes!

I guess my favorite would be my falcon cake. I have a few others I'm proud of because they are more "neat", like my most recent LV purse cake, but the falcon is one that I was really nervous about and I was actually really proud of when I was done (I'm usually highly critical of my work).
LL

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:12am
post #89 of 164

For me my it cake is te cascade of sugar flowers in my web page. and most resent it has to be this one:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=158833
I'm sorry I cant upload pictures untill the safary bug is fixed
I love all your IT cakes, keep them coming!

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:01am
post #90 of 164

I am still new so I don't have a favorite cake, but I wanted to tell everyone how much I liked all of their cakes and look forward to getting as good as all of you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%