Urgent! Need Edible Image Supplier

Decorating By Godiva Updated 7 May 2005 , 1:07pm by sunlover00

Godiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godiva Posted 6 May 2005 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 6

Just got a call for a Chivas Regal cake! For Monday none the less!!!!
It;s not really a problem to recreate it...it's just having the image printed.

Does anyone know someone in NYC who can print out this edible image for me???

I haven't confirmed yet...I'd love to give it a shot, but I just can't make these sculpted cakes in a jiffy...

HELP!!!

5 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 6 May 2005 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe check with a local grocery store..

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 6 May 2005 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 6

I don't think the grocery chains will do it if it's a copyrighted image. Try calling around to some small bakeries. Maybe they'll do it.

Another idea would be to buy either frosting sheets or wafer paper and the edible ink markers (you can usually find that stuff in hobby stores) and draw/trace the image yourself or do it with fondant (cut and piece it together). Maybe even a BCT might work.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 6 May 2005 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva

Just got a call for a Chivas Regal cake! For Monday none the less!!!!
It;s not really a problem to recreate it...it's just having the image printed.

Does anyone know someone in NYC who can print out this edible image for me???

I haven't confirmed yet...I'd love to give it a shot, but I just can't make these sculpted cakes in a jiffy...

HELP!!!

if worst comes to worst since its such short notice for you to get something if you have rice paper on hand you can trace on to that and use that as your edible image or you can just do a transfer right no to the cake and fill it in that way.. I dont know what image your looking for but I am sure there is photos of this on say a coloring book page on the internet that you can download and use to make your transfer or your rice paper from..

Godiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godiva Posted 6 May 2005 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks to all for your prompt replies...
I have decided not to do the cake... But I have decided that I need to buy my own printer, as it's not easy to find someone to do it for you last minute... I can think of a gazillion projects I can work on if I had my own... I wouldn't have to turn down requests such as this one....
Hey, I can even sell images or charge to print for others and make my money back icon_wink.gif

Thanks again icon_wink.gif

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 7 May 2005 , 1:07pm
post #6 of 6

You will love the printer! I love mine. Sorry I didnt read this soon enought our I would have printed one for you and mailed it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%