Pricing For A Gumpaste Figure

Decorating By ladyonzlake Updated 30 Apr 2007 , 4:54pm by ladyonzlake

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:51am
post #1 of 9

What do you charge for your gumpaste figures? I need to quote a price for this:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=ladyonzlake&cat=0&pos=0

8 replies
ladyonzlake Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:24am
post #2 of 9

anyone?

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:28am
post #3 of 9

For just the figure? I see it's going on your daughter's cake, it's really super cute!
I don't know what I would charge, I guess it depends on how long it took you to make, but if I did something like that I wouldn't take less than $20.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:50am
post #4 of 9

I would aggree with mizshelli. I remember purchasing some marzipan figueres years ago for gifts and they were about 1/2 the size and $10.00 a piece so At least $20.00 for it.

Good Luck with your daughter's cake and all your figures. You are very talented.

ladyonzlake Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:14am
post #5 of 9

Thank you! I was actually thinking about $40-$50 but maybe that's too high? It actually took me about 6 hours to make and she measures from her feet to her hat about 7" tall. In the picture she is sitting on a 6" cake pan if that helps put her size in perspective.
Jacqui

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:18am
post #6 of 9

I have never priced figures but i just wanted to say that she is beautiful!! How did you get the rosey cheeks?

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 6:53am
post #7 of 9

Ok, that is way bigger than the litte guys I had they were about 2 1/2 so for that big of a figure $30 or more would be reasonable. Along with the cake and all. It's such a personal piece anyway. They will be paying for your artwork not just the gumpaste.

Good Luck.

ladyonzlake Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:24pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you Blue0877, for the rosy cheeks I dry painted pink petal dust on her.
Jacqui

ladyonzlake Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:54pm
post #9 of 9

I ended up getting 2 request for my gumpaste graduation girl so I quoted $30. I got one of them to order so far. For those who make these I'd still like to know what you charge. I found a web site on here but it was in Europe and she was charging $130! YIKES!
Jacqui

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%