Cake Supports-Straw Vrs Dowels

Baking By Partcake Updated 1 May 2007 , 12:47pm by Partcake

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:05am
post #31 of 37

icon_eek.gif WOW! So much information...I've been using shishkebob squewers, since the dowels were so hard to cut! Guess I'll have to raid McDonald's for the next cake! icon_razz.gif

JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:47am
post #32 of 37

Thanks Tolinda! I wondered why you needed such big straws to drink tea! icon_lol.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:19am
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmar

Thanks partcake! I now have another question though, that I'm a little embarrassed to ask because I should probably know the answer icon_redface.gif , but here goes: When you say 3'''' does that mean 3 centimeters, or inches, or something different? Sorry I'm getting a bit off topic... but thanks for your help!

She means 3 inches. The " mark means inches, and I think that was just a typo to put 2 of em "". I don't think there is an abbreviation for centimeters besides cm.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:04am
post #34 of 37

Just so you know, 3 centimeters is 3cm is equal to and 30 mm and that is 30 millimeters. There are not special signs. And unless you use them on a regular basis there is no point. I rarely use them anymore since I moved here. So I alway doublecheck it's really bad!! icon_redface.gif

Also there is a couple of great site if you ever need a conversion to that makes it easier. icon_wink.gif

http://www.manuelsweb.com/in_cm.htm

Good Luck thumbs_up.gif

Partcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Partcake Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:22pm
post #35 of 37

sorry for the typo..I meant 3-4 inches for the cake layer height.."Just because I wear pantyhose doesn't mean I can type." is my motto and I am sticking to it...I don't proofread all the time..Shame on me!

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 1 May 2007 , 10:39am
post #36 of 37

just a thought! Been going through the kids stuff here, Spring cleaning and have come across some of those sticks that they use on helium balloons. You know like the ones attached to the balloons they give out at fast food places. They are very sturdy but a little narrow maybe? Thought it might be a useful way of recycling them rather than just throwing them out!

Partcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Partcake Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:47pm
post #37 of 37

You must walk through you life with "cake eyes". This refers to seeing normal objects and how they relate to the process of decorating cakes. Either for creating designs for cake or the construction of cake. The construction of cake is as important as the design. All the beautiful work on a cake can be turned into cake crumbs if the constuction isn't sufficent to hold the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%