Need Ideas For Creative Container For Cookie Bouquet

Baking By Joshsmom Updated 1 May 2007 , 3:44am by ShyannAutumn

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 11:42am
post #1 of 13

Someone I work with has asked me to make a cookie bouquet with a lighthouse / freighter ship theme. Can you help with some creative ideas for the container I'll put them in?

12 replies
bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 13

I can't think of a particular container, but what if you painted your container with anchors? Sorry, that is not much help..

Joshsmom Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:08pm
post #3 of 13

Thanks bambuf, that might be a good idea as I noticed that I had a white and a red pail left over from valentines day thumbs_up.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 13

I was at one of my vendor stores the other day and noticed red/white/blue pails! That's a great idea! Also, check in the sticker section for scrapbookers...I've seen some wonderful nautical themed stickers....you could jazz up the outside of the containers with them! If you can't find a pail, you could always spray paint a terra cotta pot (which I love using because they're heavy), and place stickers on that....and you could add inexpensive "rope" to the bottom and top edge of the pot!

cat633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat633 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 3:15pm
post #5 of 13

I always use terra cotta pots now. I paint them with what I need them to be usually taking one of the designs from a cookie and painting that onto the pot. I did one with an anchor. Painted the pot white and with a blue edge and then an anchor on it. I will try and post it to my pictures.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 13

don't know how many cookies are in th bouquet, but

could get a terra cotta pot and use it UPSIDE DOWN.

stick sticks in hole in bottom w/ something inside to "grab" them

pot would be painted in the striped pattern used on many light houses.

would be fun if all the cookies were stars, moons, and sun shapes (get it -- lights!)

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 5:48pm
post #7 of 13

What about a candle holder that looks like a lantern. You could put the gentle grip in for silk flowers to hold the cookies and put yellow paper shredding around it to hide it. I recently saw some at Big Lots in their garden area. Then the recipient would also have a usable product after they eat their cookies. I think I might have to run to Big Lots, I might do this for my mothers day present with flower cookies.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 7:54pm
post #8 of 13

http://www.birdvillas.com/shop/index.php?cPath=21

Just an off the wall idea...drill a hole into the top area and have the cookies sticking out. Sometimes you can find a knock off lighthouse at the $ store.

Joshsmom Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:30pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks everyone for the GREAT ideas, now....which one should I do ?

Eenie Menie Miny Moe icon_lol.gif

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 11:08pm
post #10 of 13

hillmn-
I love the lantern idea!
Maybe you could find a real nautical themed one.

megamere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megamere Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 10:20am
post #11 of 13

Have an IKEA near you? They sell lantern candle holders that would be perfect! And they have mult. colors!

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 11:40pm
post #12 of 13

I always check the $ stores first & then head to Michaels.

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 1 May 2007 , 3:44am
post #13 of 13

Okay, I know this is totally bizzar but how about a toy tug boat. They sell them at the dollar store for $2.00. The one I seen was fairly large but not too large. (next to the sand pails and shovels) Their was a place in the back of the boat that could be cut out. Styro foam set in nicely and...the rest is up to you. It's unique and playful. You could weight the boat down with aquarium sand that is cheap too.

I know that's out there but that sounds like something I would do. Different.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%